They say TV is the new radio, and that?s sho? nuff true in the case of the Calling?s single ”Our Lives.” The anthemic song has been endlessly featured in sports programming and in on-air promos for two upcoming network TV programs, ”Life as We Know It” (ABC) and ”Clubhouse” (CBS). In fact, it was selected to be the latter show?s theme and was also used in the Aug. 10 episode of The WB?s ”Summerland.” Why is ”Our Lives” so omnipresent? Marketing, baby. Ron Broitman, VP of BMG Film and TV Music, loved its ”uplifting, positive” message and decided to put some muscle behind it. ”We got it to those creative people who are always looking for the right song,” he says. But does the L.A. act worry about being pigeonholed, à la the Rembrandts, whose ”I?ll Be There for You” forever made them ”that group who did the ‘Friends’ theme”? Calling singer Alex Band isn?t sweating it: ”Please. If ‘Clubhouse’ does as well as everybody thinks it?s gonna do, you won?t hear me complaining.”
Posted August 20 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- Watch Tom Bergeron discover his fancy roots on 'Who Do You Think You Are?'
- Steve Carell joins Woody Allen's next movie, replacing Bruce Willis
- 'Complications' canceled at USA
- 'No Escape' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!