They say TV is the new radio, and that?s sho? nuff true in the case of the Calling?s single ”Our Lives.” The anthemic song has been endlessly featured in sports programming and in on-air promos for two upcoming network TV programs, ”Life as We Know It” (ABC) and ”Clubhouse” (CBS). In fact, it was selected to be the latter show?s theme and was also used in the Aug. 10 episode of The WB?s ”Summerland.” Why is ”Our Lives” so omnipresent? Marketing, baby. Ron Broitman, VP of BMG Film and TV Music, loved its ”uplifting, positive” message and decided to put some muscle behind it. ”We got it to those creative people who are always looking for the right song,” he says. But does the L.A. act worry about being pigeonholed, à la the Rembrandts, whose ”I?ll Be There for You” forever made them ”that group who did the ‘Friends’ theme”? Calling singer Alex Band isn?t sweating it: ”Please. If ‘Clubhouse’ does as well as everybody thinks it?s gonna do, you won?t hear me complaining.”
Posted August 20 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!