If Hector Elizondo’s kindly bodyguard in ”The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement” strikes you as familiar – and we don?t mean because he played the same part in ”PD1,” silly – you?re onto something. The actor has appeared (usually as a kindly manservant of some sort) in every one of director Garry Marshall?s 14 films. Elizondo and the ”Pretty Woman” and ”Beaches” helmer have been, excuse us, the wind beneath each other’s wings since meeting at a basketball game in the early ’80s. In fact, Elizondo (the director’s ”lucky charm”) is written into all of Marshall?s contracts ”whether I want to do the movie or not,” the actor says, laughing. Quips Marshall of his reliable friend, ”It’s not that he can do so many different characters. It’s that he has so many toupees!”
Posted August 20 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Iggy Azalea engaged to Nick Young
- Rob Kardashian didn't recognize Caitlyn Jenner
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' season 7 winner talks about being the 'shadiest queen'
- Robin Williams' wife, children continue to sort out issues over late actor's estate
- Icona Pop join One Direction on their U.S. tour
- Caitlyn Jenner's mom: 'She's beautiful'
- St. Vincent OK after fall off speakers