If Hector Elizondo’s kindly bodyguard in ”The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement” strikes you as familiar – and we don?t mean because he played the same part in ”PD1,” silly – you?re onto something. The actor has appeared (usually as a kindly manservant of some sort) in every one of director Garry Marshall?s 14 films. Elizondo and the ”Pretty Woman” and ”Beaches” helmer have been, excuse us, the wind beneath each other’s wings since meeting at a basketball game in the early ’80s. In fact, Elizondo (the director’s ”lucky charm”) is written into all of Marshall?s contracts ”whether I want to do the movie or not,” the actor says, laughing. Quips Marshall of his reliable friend, ”It’s not that he can do so many different characters. It’s that he has so many toupees!”
Posted August 20 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First trailer for 'Zoolander 2' asks one big existential question
- Valerie Harper replaced in play after hospital stay
- NFL legend Jerry Rice heads to 'Hawaii Five-0'
- Sarah Michelle Gellar wonders if daughter could be a ‘Future Slayer’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!