If Hector Elizondo’s kindly bodyguard in ”The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement” strikes you as familiar – and we don?t mean because he played the same part in ”PD1,” silly – you?re onto something. The actor has appeared (usually as a kindly manservant of some sort) in every one of director Garry Marshall?s 14 films. Elizondo and the ”Pretty Woman” and ”Beaches” helmer have been, excuse us, the wind beneath each other’s wings since meeting at a basketball game in the early ’80s. In fact, Elizondo (the director’s ”lucky charm”) is written into all of Marshall?s contracts ”whether I want to do the movie or not,” the actor says, laughing. Quips Marshall of his reliable friend, ”It’s not that he can do so many different characters. It’s that he has so many toupees!”
Posted August 20 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday