If Hector Elizondo’s kindly bodyguard in ”The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement” strikes you as familiar – and we don?t mean because he played the same part in ”PD1,” silly – you?re onto something. The actor has appeared (usually as a kindly manservant of some sort) in every one of director Garry Marshall?s 14 films. Elizondo and the ”Pretty Woman” and ”Beaches” helmer have been, excuse us, the wind beneath each other’s wings since meeting at a basketball game in the early ’80s. In fact, Elizondo (the director’s ”lucky charm”) is written into all of Marshall?s contracts ”whether I want to do the movie or not,” the actor says, laughing. Quips Marshall of his reliable friend, ”It’s not that he can do so many different characters. It’s that he has so many toupees!”
Posted August 20 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Ghostbusters' star Leslie Jones celebrates birthday with an Ecto-1 cake
- Tyler Perry shares touching tribute from Bobbi Kristina Brown's funeral
- See Hugh Jackman bring back the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- See Beyoncé birthday wishes from Gwyneth Paltrow, Blue Ivy, and more
- See Kevin Bacon's sweet anniversary tribute to Kyra Sedgwick
- Idris Elba addresses James Bond casting speculation
- Jimmy Fallon thanks Madame Tussauds for making a wax figure of Grumpy Cat
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!