Gonzo, I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore. According to the Hollywood Reporter, ABC is planning to team the Muppets with some currently hot human stars for a TV movie tentatively titled, ”The Muppets’ Wizard of Oz.” In this retelling, Dorothy will be played by Ashanti. The R&B warbler will dream of escaping the Kansas diner run by Auntie Em, a role in which the producers are in talks to cast Queen Latifah. Landing in Oz, Ashanti will befriend the Scarecrow (Kermit the Frog), the Tin Man (Gonzo), and the Cowardly Lion (Fozzie Bear). She’ll ultimately battle the Wicked Witch of the West (Miss Piggy), but before she does, Quentin Tarantino will appear as himself and attempt to choreograph the fight scene. (Yep, you read that right.) We’re guessing he’ll try to dress Ashanti in a yellow jogging suit and arm her with a samurai sword to take on a legion of ninja-trained flying monkeys. Hey, at least Miss Piggy already knows karate.
(Ashanti: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com)
Posted August 24 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bruce Springsteen stops ‘Jersey Girl’ performance for a marriage proposal
- Rihanna teases VMAs performance with abstract art video
- Here's how they make those movie sex scenes so sexy
- Robert Gant talks romancing Debbie Gibson in 'Summer of Dreams'
- 'Southside With You' reviews: What critics are saying
- 'Rogue One' trailer gets 'Friends' treatment in mash-up video
- Drake sent Rihanna a message... on a billboard