Gonzo, I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore. According to the Hollywood Reporter, ABC is planning to team the Muppets with some currently hot human stars for a TV movie tentatively titled, ”The Muppets’ Wizard of Oz.” In this retelling, Dorothy will be played by Ashanti. The R&B warbler will dream of escaping the Kansas diner run by Auntie Em, a role in which the producers are in talks to cast Queen Latifah. Landing in Oz, Ashanti will befriend the Scarecrow (Kermit the Frog), the Tin Man (Gonzo), and the Cowardly Lion (Fozzie Bear). She’ll ultimately battle the Wicked Witch of the West (Miss Piggy), but before she does, Quentin Tarantino will appear as himself and attempt to choreograph the fight scene. (Yep, you read that right.) We’re guessing he’ll try to dress Ashanti in a yellow jogging suit and arm her with a samurai sword to take on a legion of ninja-trained flying monkeys. Hey, at least Miss Piggy already knows karate.
(Ashanti: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com)
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Chipotle essay contest for students lets winners get published -- on Chipotle cups
- Mariah Carey to perform at 2015 Billboard Music Awards
- Kygo turns Tove Lo's 'Habits (Stay High)' into the piano ballad you need
- Tegan and Sara, F--ked Up, and more join indie rock video game
- E! orders Jillian Michaels docu-series, comedy series produced by Joel McHale
- 'Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5' announced
- Mindy Kaling reveals cover for second book, 'Why Not Me?'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!