Enjoy Julia Roberts while you can this December in the adultery drama ”Closer” and the heist sequel ”Ocean’s Twelve.” After that, you may not be seeing her for a while. She tells Newsweek that, after she becomes a mom this winter, she has no plans to return to movies. ”It’s a whole new life!,” says the 36-year-old actress, who’s expecting fraternal twins by husband Danny Moder. ”I’m not planning anything. I can’t imagine how big I’m going to get in the next three months, but hell, you just kind of play it as it comes. I’m allowed to do that, aren’t I?” While Roberts won’t say how long a maternity leave she’s anticipating, maybe ”Closer” director Mike Nichols could eventually coax her back to work. As she told EW earlier this summer, ”Like a devoted puppy, I will follow that man to the ends of the earth.”
(Julia Roberts: Laura Rauch/AP)
Posted August 24 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See 4 never-before-seen images from the illustrated 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- 21 things we learned from Lifetime's 'Unauthorized 90210 Story'
- Michael Fassbender 'studied Ashton Kutcher' (not really) for 'Steve Jobs'
- Why Victoria Justice got starstruck at Fashion Week
- Broadway's Cinderella and Prince Hans actor from 'Frozen' tie the knot
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': EW live blog
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': Play People's unofficial drinking game