Enjoy Julia Roberts while you can this December in the adultery drama ”Closer” and the heist sequel ”Ocean’s Twelve.” After that, you may not be seeing her for a while. She tells Newsweek that, after she becomes a mom this winter, she has no plans to return to movies. ”It’s a whole new life!,” says the 36-year-old actress, who’s expecting fraternal twins by husband Danny Moder. ”I’m not planning anything. I can’t imagine how big I’m going to get in the next three months, but hell, you just kind of play it as it comes. I’m allowed to do that, aren’t I?” While Roberts won’t say how long a maternity leave she’s anticipating, maybe ”Closer” director Mike Nichols could eventually coax her back to work. As she told EW earlier this summer, ”Like a devoted puppy, I will follow that man to the ends of the earth.”
(Julia Roberts: Laura Rauch/AP)
Posted August 24 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'