Enjoy Julia Roberts while you can this December in the adultery drama ”Closer” and the heist sequel ”Ocean’s Twelve.” After that, you may not be seeing her for a while. She tells Newsweek that, after she becomes a mom this winter, she has no plans to return to movies. ”It’s a whole new life!,” says the 36-year-old actress, who’s expecting fraternal twins by husband Danny Moder. ”I’m not planning anything. I can’t imagine how big I’m going to get in the next three months, but hell, you just kind of play it as it comes. I’m allowed to do that, aren’t I?” While Roberts won’t say how long a maternity leave she’s anticipating, maybe ”Closer” director Mike Nichols could eventually coax her back to work. As she told EW earlier this summer, ”Like a devoted puppy, I will follow that man to the ends of the earth.”
(Julia Roberts: Laura Rauch/AP)
Posted August 24 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Ghostbusters' new car: Paul Feig reveals #whattheygonnadrive on Twitter
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!