Enjoy Julia Roberts while you can this December in the adultery drama ”Closer” and the heist sequel ”Ocean’s Twelve.” After that, you may not be seeing her for a while. She tells Newsweek that, after she becomes a mom this winter, she has no plans to return to movies. ”It’s a whole new life!,” says the 36-year-old actress, who’s expecting fraternal twins by husband Danny Moder. ”I’m not planning anything. I can’t imagine how big I’m going to get in the next three months, but hell, you just kind of play it as it comes. I’m allowed to do that, aren’t I?” While Roberts won’t say how long a maternity leave she’s anticipating, maybe ”Closer” director Mike Nichols could eventually coax her back to work. As she told EW earlier this summer, ”Like a devoted puppy, I will follow that man to the ends of the earth.”
(Julia Roberts: Laura Rauch/AP)
Posted August 24 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?
- Lady Gaga to be honored by Grammy Museum