Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid arrives with fancier CGI creatures taking over for the endearingly crummy animatronic serpent that scared the short shorts off Jennifer Lopez back before she was J. Lo. But there’s no enjoyably outlandish hiss to this variation on the formula, and no Ice Cube or Owen Wilson, either. This time, a ship of capitalist fools (and no movie stars, unless you count utility player Morris Chestnut as a headliner) steams along the river in Borneo – they’re pharmaceutical researchers who see dollar signs among the title flora. But as the players squabble and shriek their way to safety (or gory death), connoisseurs of fake-snake formula movies may find themselves pining for the guest-star wackiness provided in the original by Jon Voight. Those purists are encouraged to enliven their Anacondas experience by placing friendly wagers on who’s expendable, and in what order.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Morris Chestnut, Johnny Messner, Eugene Byrd, Nicholas Gonzalez; Director: Dwight Little; Author: Jim Cash, Jack Epps, William Massa; Release Date Wide: 08/27/2004; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Releasing
Posted August 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Ryan Reynolds give Conan O’Brien a massage as Deadpool (with panda tears)
- Kevin Bacon campaigns for more male nudity in Hollywood in mock PSA
- See the red band trailer for Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool'
- 'Playing House' season 2 premiere react: Did you find the BFFs' return 'totes kewl'?
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on that 'uncomfortable' Twitter save
- Casting Net: Will Smith replaces Hugh Jackman in 'Collateral Beauty'
- 9 spoilers on 'Grey’s Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'Murder'