Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid arrives with fancier CGI creatures taking over for the endearingly crummy animatronic serpent that scared the short shorts off Jennifer Lopez back before she was J. Lo. But there’s no enjoyably outlandish hiss to this variation on the formula, and no Ice Cube or Owen Wilson, either. This time, a ship of capitalist fools (and no movie stars, unless you count utility player Morris Chestnut as a headliner) steams along the river in Borneo – they’re pharmaceutical researchers who see dollar signs among the title flora. But as the players squabble and shriek their way to safety (or gory death), connoisseurs of fake-snake formula movies may find themselves pining for the guest-star wackiness provided in the original by Jon Voight. Those purists are encouraged to enliven their Anacondas experience by placing friendly wagers on who’s expendable, and in what order.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Morris Chestnut, Johnny Messner, Eugene Byrd, Nicholas Gonzalez; Director: Dwight Little; Author: Jim Cash, Jack Epps, William Massa; Release Date Wide: 08/27/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Releasing
Posted August 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Watch John Glenn's appearance on 'Frasier'
- WATCH: How 'House of Cards' helped Mahershala Ali with 'Moonlight'
- 'Logan' screens extended preview, early reactions praise gritty tone
- WATCH: Bobby Moynihan, Judah Friedlander, Sasheer Zamata honor trees
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, Rob Lowe, more pay tribute to John Glenn on Twitter
- Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine documentary series is coming to HBO
- Then and now memes capture the trials of 2016
- The 20 Best (And 5 Worst!) TV Shows of 2016
- EW's 2016 Entertainers of the Year
- The 20 Best Movies of 2016
- Finding 'La La Land': Director Damien Chazelle's 15 Influences for His New Musical Romance
- 38 Photos of Ian Somerhalder For His 38th Birthday
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21: Meet Nick's 30 Bachelorettes