Your feelings about ”The Passion of the Christ” probably depend on whether you view its depiction of Jesus’ last 12 hours as excessive or uncompromising. South Park: The Passion of the Jew could be considered both. Packaged with two other religion-themed episodes, the show mercilessly pokes fun at the furor incited by the Mel Gibson film – on both sides. ”If you want to be Christian, that’s cool,” Stan tells Mel after demanding his movie money back. ”But you should follow what Jesus taught instead of how he got killed.” Uh…he said it, not me.
(The Passion of the Jew: © Comedy Central)
Genre: Comedy, Animation; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season
Posted August 31 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters