With those red-string kabbalah bracelets so played out (even Lindsay Lohan?s sporting one), spiritual-minded fashionistas are donning Brazilian escapularios – necklaces with images of Jesus, the Virgin Mary, and Catholic saints. Gisele Bündchen and Rodrigo Santoro (”Love Actually”) have snapped up the good-luck charms, which graduated from church-lady-smart to hip with surfers and devotees of the Brazilian martial art capoeira. ”They offer protection from evil,” says NYC-based Andre Méllo, who sells the amulets at lovecapoeira.com. ”Legend says that if you wear one when you die, your soul won?t go to hell.” You listening, Madonna?
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Katie Couric pulls off 'an amazing prank' on James Corden for April Fools' Day: Watch
- From People: Courteney Cox steals Erin Foster's socks in 'Barely Famous' clip
- 'Grey's Anatomy' finale: A kidnapping! A massive earthquake! A crossover!
- 'New Girl' casts Anna George as Cece's mother for season 5
- Grimes to open for Lana Del Rey on Endless Summer Tour
- Rihanna pranks Jimmy Kimmel in his own bed for April Fools' Day: Sneak preview
- 'American Idol' adds a Twitter Fan Save