With those red-string kabbalah bracelets so played out (even Lindsay Lohan?s sporting one), spiritual-minded fashionistas are donning Brazilian escapularios – necklaces with images of Jesus, the Virgin Mary, and Catholic saints. Gisele Bündchen and Rodrigo Santoro (”Love Actually”) have snapped up the good-luck charms, which graduated from church-lady-smart to hip with surfers and devotees of the Brazilian martial art capoeira. ”They offer protection from evil,” says NYC-based Andre Méllo, who sells the amulets at lovecapoeira.com. ”Legend says that if you wear one when you die, your soul won?t go to hell.” You listening, Madonna?
Posted September 3 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Seratones talk scuzzy debut: 'We have attitude problems'
- 'Xena: Warrior Princess': Why Xena and Gabrielle never got together
- RHCP, Alicia Keys: Grading the week's best (and worst) new singles
- Sharon Stone and James Corden make a rap video to help her find a date
- Kristen Bell opens up about dealing with depression and anxiety
- Selena Gomez’s 'Revival' tour: Why you won’t see her squad onstage
- Jamie Lee Curtis opens up about opiate addiction after Prince's death