With those red-string kabbalah bracelets so played out (even Lindsay Lohan?s sporting one), spiritual-minded fashionistas are donning Brazilian escapularios – necklaces with images of Jesus, the Virgin Mary, and Catholic saints. Gisele Bündchen and Rodrigo Santoro (”Love Actually”) have snapped up the good-luck charms, which graduated from church-lady-smart to hip with surfers and devotees of the Brazilian martial art capoeira. ”They offer protection from evil,” says NYC-based Andre Méllo, who sells the amulets at lovecapoeira.com. ”Legend says that if you wear one when you die, your soul won?t go to hell.” You listening, Madonna?
Posted September 3 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters