With those red-string kabbalah bracelets so played out (even Lindsay Lohan?s sporting one), spiritual-minded fashionistas are donning Brazilian escapularios – necklaces with images of Jesus, the Virgin Mary, and Catholic saints. Gisele Bündchen and Rodrigo Santoro (”Love Actually”) have snapped up the good-luck charms, which graduated from church-lady-smart to hip with surfers and devotees of the Brazilian martial art capoeira. ”They offer protection from evil,” says NYC-based Andre Méllo, who sells the amulets at lovecapoeira.com. ”Legend says that if you wear one when you die, your soul won?t go to hell.” You listening, Madonna?
Posted September 3 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Read an exclusive excerpt from 'Warm Bodies' prequel 'The New Hunger' -- and see the cover
- A-Trak reveals the soundtrack to his life
- Label CEO says company has naming rights to Chief Keef's baby
- Celine Dion revives Las Vegas residency following yearlong hiatus
- Hugh Dancy and Gillian Anderson get philosophical in exclusive 'Hannibal' finale clip
- Eddie Redmayne and Alicia Vikander stun in new 'Danish Girl' poster
- Get to know The Weeknd through his 9 best deep cuts
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!