With ”CSI: Spokane” due any day now, it was only a matter of time before something like Teasing Secrets From the Dead hit shelves. And sure enough, Craig plays beautifully to the popularity of forensic anthropology, offering helpful tidbits on coping with maggots, handling a burned body, and the best way to boil a human head down to the bone (a Crock-Pot). She’s a pretty good writer, too?whether rehashing bizarre backwoods murders or the aftermath of the Oklahoma City bombing, her stories unfold in a warm, folksy voice. It’s when her eye turns inward that Craig stumbles. The result is a book that brims with tenderness for the dead but (oddly) little for the author herself.
Teasing Secrets from the Dead With ''CSI: Spokane'' due any day now, it was only a matter of time before something like Teasing Secrets From the Dead hit shelves. And sure...Teasing Secrets from the DeadNonfictionEmily Craig With ''CSI: Spokane'' due any day now, it was only a matter of time before something like Teasing Secrets From the Dead hit shelves. And sure...2004-09-03Crown
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Emily Craig; Publisher: Crown
Posted September 3 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Joan Rivers remembered by daughter Melissa in touching tribute
- 'Big Brother': James explains why he trashed the house during the veto competition
- Michelle Obama wished Beyoncé a happy birthday on Twitter
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- 'Big Brother': Meg on her biggest mistake and that drunken night with Clay
- Pink says she has no issue with Demi Lovato after critical VMAs comments
- See a peculiar teaser for 'Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children'
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!