With ”CSI: Spokane” due any day now, it was only a matter of time before something like Teasing Secrets From the Dead hit shelves. And sure enough, Craig plays beautifully to the popularity of forensic anthropology, offering helpful tidbits on coping with maggots, handling a burned body, and the best way to boil a human head down to the bone (a Crock-Pot). She’s a pretty good writer, too?whether rehashing bizarre backwoods murders or the aftermath of the Oklahoma City bombing, her stories unfold in a warm, folksy voice. It’s when her eye turns inward that Craig stumbles. The result is a book that brims with tenderness for the dead but (oddly) little for the author herself.
Teasing Secrets from the Dead With ''CSI: Spokane'' due any day now, it was only a matter of time before something like Teasing Secrets From the Dead hit shelves. And sure...Teasing Secrets from the DeadNonfictionEmily Craig With ''CSI: Spokane'' due any day now, it was only a matter of time before something like Teasing Secrets From the Dead hit shelves. And sure...2004-09-03Crown
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Emily Craig; Publisher: Crown
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- 'Inside Amy Schumer' renewed
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our audience with returning queen
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- Django Django unveil trippy, magenta-hued video for 'Beginning to Fade'
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!