With ”CSI: Spokane” due any day now, it was only a matter of time before something like Teasing Secrets From the Dead hit shelves. And sure enough, Craig plays beautifully to the popularity of forensic anthropology, offering helpful tidbits on coping with maggots, handling a burned body, and the best way to boil a human head down to the bone (a Crock-Pot). She’s a pretty good writer, too?whether rehashing bizarre backwoods murders or the aftermath of the Oklahoma City bombing, her stories unfold in a warm, folksy voice. It’s when her eye turns inward that Craig stumbles. The result is a book that brims with tenderness for the dead but (oddly) little for the author herself.
Teasing Secrets from the Dead With ''CSI: Spokane'' due any day now, it was only a matter of time before something like Teasing Secrets From the Dead hit shelves. And sure...Teasing Secrets from the DeadNonfictionEmily Craig With ''CSI: Spokane'' due any day now, it was only a matter of time before something like Teasing Secrets From the Dead hit shelves. And sure...2004-09-03Crown
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Emily Craig; Publisher: Crown
Posted September 3 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- British singer and TV star Cilla Black dies at 72
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!