With ”CSI: Spokane” due any day now, it was only a matter of time before something like Teasing Secrets From the Dead hit shelves. And sure enough, Craig plays beautifully to the popularity of forensic anthropology, offering helpful tidbits on coping with maggots, handling a burned body, and the best way to boil a human head down to the bone (a Crock-Pot). She’s a pretty good writer, too?whether rehashing bizarre backwoods murders or the aftermath of the Oklahoma City bombing, her stories unfold in a warm, folksy voice. It’s when her eye turns inward that Craig stumbles. The result is a book that brims with tenderness for the dead but (oddly) little for the author herself.
Teasing Secrets from the Dead With ''CSI: Spokane'' due any day now, it was only a matter of time before something like Teasing Secrets From the Dead hit shelves. And sure...Teasing Secrets from the DeadNonfictionEmily Craig With ''CSI: Spokane'' due any day now, it was only a matter of time before something like Teasing Secrets From the Dead hit shelves. And sure...2004-09-03Crown
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Emily Craig; Publisher: Crown
Posted September 3 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- 'Tomorrowland' leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!