With ”CSI: Spokane” due any day now, it was only a matter of time before something like Teasing Secrets From the Dead hit shelves. And sure enough, Craig plays beautifully to the popularity of forensic anthropology, offering helpful tidbits on coping with maggots, handling a burned body, and the best way to boil a human head down to the bone (a Crock-Pot). She’s a pretty good writer, too?whether rehashing bizarre backwoods murders or the aftermath of the Oklahoma City bombing, her stories unfold in a warm, folksy voice. It’s when her eye turns inward that Craig stumbles. The result is a book that brims with tenderness for the dead but (oddly) little for the author herself.
Teasing Secrets from the Dead With ''CSI: Spokane'' due any day now, it was only a matter of time before something like Teasing Secrets From the Dead hit shelves. And sure...Teasing Secrets from the DeadNonfictionEmily Craig With ''CSI: Spokane'' due any day now, it was only a matter of time before something like Teasing Secrets From the Dead hit shelves. And sure...2004-09-03Crown
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Emily Craig; Publisher: Crown
Posted September 3 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Penn & Teller reveal the craziest tricks from their upcoming Broadway show
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!