When not torturing new ”Apprentice” contestants as a guest judge, Bill Rancic has been enjoying the spoils of his hard-won victory in last season?s finale: That is, he starts most days at 5 a.m. and works seven days a week. Now the owners’ representative for Trump’s hotel and residential complex in Chicago, the 33-year-old entrepreneur is figuring out how to build a 90-story building by visiting construction sites in New York and attending meetings to choose air-conditioning and electrical systems for the project. ”Some people are like, ‘How come you’re not quarterbacking this team?”’ he says. ”I don’t know how to build a high-rise. I’m not going to bulls— anyone and pretend I do.” Meanwhile, he’s milking his 15 minutes: He’s a fixture on the gossip pages (”My sister collects my press clips so one day I’ll be able to show my kids”), hawking a small-business credit-card line and a new book (”You?re Hired” is out Aug. 31), and enjoying the perks of being an instant reality TV celebrity, which include three-hour dinners with Trump. ”Just to say that I signed one autograph in my life is cool, right?” – JA
Posted September 3 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Longmire' is back: See the season 4 trailer
- Chris Christie on Donald Trump: 'Life is a strange ride'
- Proof Kanye West & Donald Trump have a lot in common
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!