When not torturing new ”Apprentice” contestants as a guest judge, Bill Rancic has been enjoying the spoils of his hard-won victory in last season?s finale: That is, he starts most days at 5 a.m. and works seven days a week. Now the owners’ representative for Trump’s hotel and residential complex in Chicago, the 33-year-old entrepreneur is figuring out how to build a 90-story building by visiting construction sites in New York and attending meetings to choose air-conditioning and electrical systems for the project. ”Some people are like, ‘How come you’re not quarterbacking this team?”’ he says. ”I don’t know how to build a high-rise. I’m not going to bulls— anyone and pretend I do.” Meanwhile, he’s milking his 15 minutes: He’s a fixture on the gossip pages (”My sister collects my press clips so one day I’ll be able to show my kids”), hawking a small-business credit-card line and a new book (”You?re Hired” is out Aug. 31), and enjoying the perks of being an instant reality TV celebrity, which include three-hour dinners with Trump. ”Just to say that I signed one autograph in my life is cool, right?” – JA
Posted September 3 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scream Queens' season 2 promo pics: The doctors (and nurses) are in
- Marvin Kaplan, 'Alice' and 'Top Cat' actor, dies at 89
- Kanye West's Saint Pablo Tour has a flying stage
- 'American Horror Story' teaser channels 'Children of the Corn'
- Mayim Bialik, Marcie Leeds recreate their 'Beaches' opening scene
- Demi Moore joins R-rated comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Reese Witherspoon is 'thinking about’ another 'Legally Blonde' sequel