What on this spoiler-lovin’ earth is going on? When ABC sent out a preview tape of its Apprentice rip-off, The Benefactor, starring dotcom billionaire Mark Cuban, it further hobbled a show that doesn’t have a lot going for it to begin with (a tough Monday time slot, and did we mention that it’s an Apprentice rip-off?). After the credits and a few minutes of blank tape, ABC accidentally included a six-minute clip that clearly revealed which of the show’s 16 wannabes made the final four. ”We have no idea how this happened,” says an ABC spokesman. ”We asked production to look into it since they provided the master tape.” Fear not, we’ll keep mum – we prefer to keep the curious in suspense.
Posted September 10 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Netflix and Amazon pass on 'Hannibal,' but EP Bryan Fuller has hope
- Caitlyn Jenner gives empowering talk in new 'I Am Cait' trailer
- Michael Eisner clarifies comment that beautiful, funny women are 'impossible to find'
- Sluggish Fourth of July boxoffice no picnic for Hollywood
- Michael Fassbender is the Dude for upcoming 'Big Lebowski' live read in Montreal
- ESPN pulls golf tourney off Trump course
- Jerry Weintraub, veteran Hollywood producer, dies at 77
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!