This exhilarating spy-vs.-spy thriller begins with a bang of a premise: Two British agents are assigned to assassinate each other. Middle-aged George and 27-year-old Charlie are far from swaggering James Bond types. ”Haven’t you ever read le Carré?” George asks Charlie at the London photo-shop undercover operation where they both work (unaware of each other’s identity). ”Spies are nobodies. Ordinary crappy people, in ordinary crappy jobs.” Instead of killing each other, the two form an unlikely friendship as they’re ruthlessly pursued by forces that want them eliminated at any cost. With its excruciating tension and cynical humor (headquarters is so inhospitable ”spies who came in from the cold…usually went straight back out again”), Good News, Bad News pays a fitting postmodern tribute to le Carré.
Good News, Bad News This exhilarating spy-vs.-spy thriller begins with a bang of a premise: Two British agents are assigned to assassinate each other. Middle-aged George...Good News, Bad NewsFiction, Mystery and ThrillerDavid Wolstencroft This exhilarating spy-vs.-spy thriller begins with a bang of a premise: Two British agents are assigned to assassinate each other. Middle-aged George...2004-09-10E.P. Dutton
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: David Wolstencroft; Publisher: E.P. Dutton
Posted September 10 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!