This exhilarating spy-vs.-spy thriller begins with a bang of a premise: Two British agents are assigned to assassinate each other. Middle-aged George and 27-year-old Charlie are far from swaggering James Bond types. ”Haven’t you ever read le Carré?” George asks Charlie at the London photo-shop undercover operation where they both work (unaware of each other’s identity). ”Spies are nobodies. Ordinary crappy people, in ordinary crappy jobs.” Instead of killing each other, the two form an unlikely friendship as they’re ruthlessly pursued by forces that want them eliminated at any cost. With its excruciating tension and cynical humor (headquarters is so inhospitable ”spies who came in from the cold…usually went straight back out again”), Good News, Bad News pays a fitting postmodern tribute to le Carré.
Good News, Bad News This exhilarating spy-vs.-spy thriller begins with a bang of a premise: Two British agents are assigned to assassinate each other. Middle-aged George...Good News, Bad NewsFiction, Mystery and ThrillerDavid Wolstencroft This exhilarating spy-vs.-spy thriller begins with a bang of a premise: Two British agents are assigned to assassinate each other. Middle-aged George...2004-09-10E.P. Dutton
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: David Wolstencroft; Publisher: E.P. Dutton
Posted September 10 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Betty White is furious about the killing of Cecil the lion
- Fox cancels Ryan Seacrest's 'Knock Knock Live' after 2 episodes
- Despite polarizing season 2, HBO still interested in more 'True Detective'
- Box office preview: 'Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation,' 'Vacation'
- HBO says Game of Thrones will be at least eight seasons
- 'Feast' director Patrick Osborne to direct 'Battling Boy' adaptation
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!