An amputee, a sheep farmer, an FBI agent, and a boy named Lea: These are just a few of the unusual suspects you’ll meet on Survivor: Vanuatu – Islands of Fire (premieres on CBS, Thursday, Sept. 16, at 8 p.m.). This may also be the most exotic Survivor setting yet. Vanuatu, a country comprising some 80 islands in the South Pacific, is known not only for its volcanoes but also for its history of cannibalism and sorcery. No one’s going to be able to use sex appeal to cast a spell, though – at least not until the merge. The men and women are divided into two tribes, Lopevi and Yasur. Read on and see if you can pick which castaway will be the winner.
(Survivor: Vanuatu: Monty Brinton/CBS)
Posted September 10 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- What EW staffers are thankful for this year
- Big Apple Circus performer juggles at 'Hamilton' pre-show
- The year in Shondaland: A look back with Shonda Rhimes & her leading ladies
- Colbert tackles Thanksgiving controversies on 'The Late Show'
- New 'Star Wars' spot returns us to last year's teaser
- Uzo Aduba explains what it's like to perform alongside Taylor Swift
- Jimmy Fallon and Nathan Lane play 'Kid Dictionary'