Preposterous but propulsive, Patricia Cornwell’s 13th Scarpetta thriller Trace features a typically over-the-top psycho killer: Edgar Allan Pogue, who wears a shaggy black wig, carries a tee-ball bat, and likes to attack women who suffer from the flu. When an ailing 14-year-old Virginia girl is murdered, forensic pathologist Kay Scarpetta sifts through the scant bits of physical evidence left at the scene and uncovers an unexpected personal connection to the killer. Cornwell shows some welcome restraint after last year’s wildly gory ”Blow Fly,” though she still hasn’t figured out how to bring her fun, flamboyant narratives to satisfying, or even remotely plausible, conclusions.
TracePreposterous but propulsive, Patricia Cornwell's 13th Scarpetta thriller Trace features a typically over-the-top psycho killer: Edgar Allan Pogue,...TraceMystery and Thriller, FictionPatricia CornwellPreposterous but propulsive, Patricia Cornwell's 13th Scarpetta thriller Trace features a typically over-the-top psycho killer: Edgar Allan Pogue,...2004-09-10Putnam
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Patricia Cornwell; Publisher: Putnam
Posted September 10 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Big Brother': Meg on her biggest mistake and that drunken night with Clay
- Pink says she has no issue with Demi Lovato after critical VMAs comments
- See a peculiar teaser for 'Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's who's returning to 'Nashville' in season 4 ...
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath' introduces a gay hero to the galaxy
- 'Castle' books 'The O.C.' star in season 8
- 'Big Brother' host Julie Chen calls eviction 'ridiculous and dumb'; says Steve 'chickened out'
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!