Long before he was assuming identities and seducing gorgeous women as super-suave spy James Bond, Pierce Brosnan was, well, assuming identities and seducing gorgeous women as super-suave ”detective” Remington Steele. For four glorious seasons on NBC, Brosnan’s con artist-turned-investigator brought dandyism back into vogue. Nattily attired and generous with arcane film factoids, the pseudo-sleuth coasted on the diligence of his colleague (Stephanie Zimbalist) but oozed such charm that she – and audiences – adored him anyway. Now that Brosnan’s had his fill of martinis and international mayhem, why isn’t the show that jump-started it all on DVD? Fox, which holds Remington’s rights, says the show is indeed ”on its radar,” but we’re Steele waiting…
Posted September 10 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Pharrell drops 'Freedom' during Beats 1 launch
- Stephen Colbert answers John Oliver's call to give 20 push-ups for the troops
- Hear a new Santigold song from 'Paper Towns'
- See the hilarious first trailer for 'Difficult People'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' adds 2 Kaitlyn exes
- Amy Schumer takes on time travel in latest lol sketch
- Britney vs. Iggy on Twitter?