Long before he was assuming identities and seducing gorgeous women as super-suave spy James Bond, Pierce Brosnan was, well, assuming identities and seducing gorgeous women as super-suave ”detective” Remington Steele. For four glorious seasons on NBC, Brosnan’s con artist-turned-investigator brought dandyism back into vogue. Nattily attired and generous with arcane film factoids, the pseudo-sleuth coasted on the diligence of his colleague (Stephanie Zimbalist) but oozed such charm that she – and audiences – adored him anyway. Now that Brosnan’s had his fill of martinis and international mayhem, why isn’t the show that jump-started it all on DVD? Fox, which holds Remington’s rights, says the show is indeed ”on its radar,” but we’re Steele waiting…
Posted September 10 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Critics' Choice Awards: Which movie should win Best Picture?
- Jude Law alarms everyone as 'The Young Pope' in tense new trailer
- 'SuperMansion' Christmas special introduces a maniacal Jim Parsons
- Michelle Obama will bid farewell to White House in Oprah interview
- 'This Is Us' casts 'Walking Dead' alum in recurring role
- Heat rises in J.R. Ward's vampire romance 'Blood Vow' excerpt
- Evanescence's Amy Lee reveals stories behind the songs
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday