Long before he was assuming identities and seducing gorgeous women as super-suave spy James Bond, Pierce Brosnan was, well, assuming identities and seducing gorgeous women as super-suave ”detective” Remington Steele. For four glorious seasons on NBC, Brosnan’s con artist-turned-investigator brought dandyism back into vogue. Nattily attired and generous with arcane film factoids, the pseudo-sleuth coasted on the diligence of his colleague (Stephanie Zimbalist) but oozed such charm that she – and audiences – adored him anyway. Now that Brosnan’s had his fill of martinis and international mayhem, why isn’t the show that jump-started it all on DVD? Fox, which holds Remington’s rights, says the show is indeed ”on its radar,” but we’re Steele waiting…
Posted September 10 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Drake is releasing more new music in December
- Charlie Puth cancels remainder of tour due to sickness
- Universal Studios Japan is getting an entire 'Minions'-themed area
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat