It’s been said that TV adds 10 pounds, but some celebs attending this year’s Emmy Awards (Sept. 19, 8-11 p.m. on ABC) will gain a lot more than that in the booty department alone. The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, for example, will give every presenter a gift bag – excuse us: a Dooney & Burke satchel – filled with goodies worth more than $30,000. That means Amber Tamblyn, Matt LeBlanc, and Donald Trump will be among those who receive: a certificate for a 15-inch Zenith flat-screen TV; an invitation to host a private dinner party at one of Morton’s Steakhouses; a day of services at Ona Spa in L.A.; and a new Sprint PCS phone.
Meanwhile, Distinctive Assets, an L.A.-based entertainment marketing company, will give gift bags valued at almost $20,000 each to nominees in the 12 major categories who don’t win Emmys. Here’s a peek at some of the swag that will console the supposedly less lucky stars:
- Lasik eye surgery, at the Assil Sinskey Eye Institute in California ($5,600)
- Obagi Medical skin procedures ($4,000)
- Round-trip ticket to anywhere Song Airlines flies ($600)
- Year membership to Clay gym in New York City ($2,500)
- Boucheron sunglasses ($450)
- Mephisto shoes ($375)
- Fur and leather bag from Elliott Lucca ($178)
- Vavamojo good-luck necklace ($100)
- Tracy Place watch ($70)
- Poncho from Daisy Fuentes’ self-titled clothing line ($40)
And what about this year’s Emmy winners? They get no official gifts – unless, of course, you count those golden statue thingies.