Mira Nair’s adaptation of William Thackeray’s satiric 19th-century novel borders on perky – in a dull, safe tonal choice for the story of Becky Sharp (Reese Witherspoon), a conniving go-getter whose fall is as precipitous as her rise.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Reese Witherspoon, Eileen Atkins, Jim Broadbent, Gabriel Byrne, Bob Hoskins, Rhys Ifans, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, James Purefoy; Director: Mira Nair; Author: Julian Fellowes; Release Date Wide: 09/01/2004; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 141; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Focus Features
Posted September 17 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Simon Pegg ranks all the 'Star Wars' films in 60 seconds
- 'Sherlock' producer on how Victorian special changes Holmes and Watson
- 'Downton Abbey' final season gets U.S. premiere date
- Snoop Dog stopped at Italian airport with $422,000 in cash
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s family, friends gather to attend her funeral
- 'Game of Thrones' casts Ian McShane in season 6 mystery role
- Judy Blume comes to the rescue after man loses wife’s favorite book
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Michael & Kate, Michelle Rodriguez, Joss Stone and More!