We joke that Mark Burnett should create a reality show for Martha Stewart, and lo, our wish comes true. Earlier this week, the reality TV guru behind Survivor and The Apprentice announced his intention to help Stewart revive her dormant syndicated daytime show once she gets out of jail next spring. Now comes word from Stewart’s company that he’ll be working with the disgraced domestic diva on a primetime series as well. On Oct. 8, Stewart will begin serving a five-month term in a federal prison as part of her sentence for lying to the government about her suspicious ImClone stock sale, but both Burnett and Stewart’s reps have said that her jail time won’t figure into any of the new programming. As for what the primetime show will entail, Stewart’s camp is guarded. ”We’ll announce the details when we’re ready,” Stewart spokeswoman Elizabeth Estroff told Reuters. We stand by our suggestion that the show emulate Apprentice and feature Martha berating and firing underlings for culinary or stylistic slip-ups.
(Martha Stewart: Nancy Kaszerman/ZUMA Press)
Posted September 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First trailer for Zoolander 2 asks one big existential question
- Valerie Harper replaced in play after hospital stay
- NFL legend Jerry Rice heads to 'Hawaii Five-0'
- Sarah Michelle Gellar wonders if daughter could be a ‘Future Slayer’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!