We joke that Mark Burnett should create a reality show for Martha Stewart, and lo, our wish comes true. Earlier this week, the reality TV guru behind Survivor and The Apprentice announced his intention to help Stewart revive her dormant syndicated daytime show once she gets out of jail next spring. Now comes word from Stewart’s company that he’ll be working with the disgraced domestic diva on a primetime series as well. On Oct. 8, Stewart will begin serving a five-month term in a federal prison as part of her sentence for lying to the government about her suspicious ImClone stock sale, but both Burnett and Stewart’s reps have said that her jail time won’t figure into any of the new programming. As for what the primetime show will entail, Stewart’s camp is guarded. ”We’ll announce the details when we’re ready,” Stewart spokeswoman Elizabeth Estroff told Reuters. We stand by our suggestion that the show emulate Apprentice and feature Martha berating and firing underlings for culinary or stylistic slip-ups.
(Martha Stewart: Nancy Kaszerman/ZUMA Press)
Posted September 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!