We joke that Mark Burnett should create a reality show for Martha Stewart, and lo, our wish comes true. Earlier this week, the reality TV guru behind Survivor and The Apprentice announced his intention to help Stewart revive her dormant syndicated daytime show once she gets out of jail next spring. Now comes word from Stewart’s company that he’ll be working with the disgraced domestic diva on a primetime series as well. On Oct. 8, Stewart will begin serving a five-month term in a federal prison as part of her sentence for lying to the government about her suspicious ImClone stock sale, but both Burnett and Stewart’s reps have said that her jail time won’t figure into any of the new programming. As for what the primetime show will entail, Stewart’s camp is guarded. ”We’ll announce the details when we’re ready,” Stewart spokeswoman Elizabeth Estroff told Reuters. We stand by our suggestion that the show emulate Apprentice and feature Martha berating and firing underlings for culinary or stylistic slip-ups.
(Martha Stewart: Nancy Kaszerman/ZUMA Press)
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!