We joke that Mark Burnett should create a reality show for Martha Stewart, and lo, our wish comes true. Earlier this week, the reality TV guru behind Survivor and The Apprentice announced his intention to help Stewart revive her dormant syndicated daytime show once she gets out of jail next spring. Now comes word from Stewart’s company that he’ll be working with the disgraced domestic diva on a primetime series as well. On Oct. 8, Stewart will begin serving a five-month term in a federal prison as part of her sentence for lying to the government about her suspicious ImClone stock sale, but both Burnett and Stewart’s reps have said that her jail time won’t figure into any of the new programming. As for what the primetime show will entail, Stewart’s camp is guarded. ”We’ll announce the details when we’re ready,” Stewart spokeswoman Elizabeth Estroff told Reuters. We stand by our suggestion that the show emulate Apprentice and feature Martha berating and firing underlings for culinary or stylistic slip-ups.
(Martha Stewart: Nancy Kaszerman/ZUMA Press)
Posted September 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- John Oliver breaks down Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump's scandals
- Adele clarifies her recent comments on Brangelina split
- The 'Batman v Superman' Easter egg almost everybody missed
- Jennifer Aniston will preview 'Office Christmas Party' at EW PopFest
- Dwayne Johnson pals around with 'Jumanji' costars in new set video
- Matt LeBlanc to host 'Top Gear' for another two seasons
- Drake releases short film 'Please Forgive Me'