We joke that Mark Burnett should create a reality show for Martha Stewart, and lo, our wish comes true. Earlier this week, the reality TV guru behind Survivor and The Apprentice announced his intention to help Stewart revive her dormant syndicated daytime show once she gets out of jail next spring. Now comes word from Stewart’s company that he’ll be working with the disgraced domestic diva on a primetime series as well. On Oct. 8, Stewart will begin serving a five-month term in a federal prison as part of her sentence for lying to the government about her suspicious ImClone stock sale, but both Burnett and Stewart’s reps have said that her jail time won’t figure into any of the new programming. As for what the primetime show will entail, Stewart’s camp is guarded. ”We’ll announce the details when we’re ready,” Stewart spokeswoman Elizabeth Estroff told Reuters. We stand by our suggestion that the show emulate Apprentice and feature Martha berating and firing underlings for culinary or stylistic slip-ups.
(Martha Stewart: Nancy Kaszerman/ZUMA Press)
Posted September 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!