”1985,” the novelty hit from Bowling for Soup’s new CD, finds a soccer mom mourning the passage of time: ”When did Mötley Crüe become classic rock?” Funny stuff – but it’s not enough to carry an album. Like a lower-SATs version of Fountains of Wayne, the Texas quartet tries to write silly/clever lyrics to go atop their high-carb pop melodies. But too much of the humor (rhyming ”Miss Texas” with ”bigger breast-es”?) functions on a Jackass: The Band level.
A Hangover You Don't Deserve ''1985,'' the novelty hit from Bowling for Soup's new CD, finds a soccer mom mourning the passage of time: ''When did Mötley Crüe become...A Hangover You Don't Deserve ''1985,'' the novelty hit from Bowling for Soup's new CD, finds a soccer mom mourning the passage of time: ''When did Mötley Crüe become...2004-09-24
Producer (group): Jive Records; Status: In Season
Posted September 24 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!