”1985,” the novelty hit from Bowling for Soup’s new CD, finds a soccer mom mourning the passage of time: ”When did Mötley Crüe become classic rock?” Funny stuff – but it’s not enough to carry an album. Like a lower-SATs version of Fountains of Wayne, the Texas quartet tries to write silly/clever lyrics to go atop their high-carb pop melodies. But too much of the humor (rhyming ”Miss Texas” with ”bigger breast-es”?) functions on a Jackass: The Band level.
A Hangover You Don't Deserve ''1985,'' the novelty hit from Bowling for Soup's new CD, finds a soccer mom mourning the passage of time: ''When did Mötley Crüe become...A Hangover You Don't Deserve ''1985,'' the novelty hit from Bowling for Soup's new CD, finds a soccer mom mourning the passage of time: ''When did Mötley Crüe become...2004-09-24
Producer (group): Jive Records
Posted September 24 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!