”1985,” the novelty hit from Bowling for Soup’s new CD, finds a soccer mom mourning the passage of time: ”When did Mötley Crüe become classic rock?” Funny stuff – but it’s not enough to carry an album. Like a lower-SATs version of Fountains of Wayne, the Texas quartet tries to write silly/clever lyrics to go atop their high-carb pop melodies. But too much of the humor (rhyming ”Miss Texas” with ”bigger breast-es”?) functions on a Jackass: The Band level.
A Hangover You Don't Deserve ''1985,'' the novelty hit from Bowling for Soup's new CD, finds a soccer mom mourning the passage of time: ''When did Mötley Crüe become...A Hangover You Don't Deserve ''1985,'' the novelty hit from Bowling for Soup's new CD, finds a soccer mom mourning the passage of time: ''When did Mötley Crüe become...2004-09-24
Producer (group): Jive Records
Posted September 24 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- Missy Elliott takes show into the crowd at Essence Fest
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!