Last year?s 28 Days Later and this year?s Dawn of the Dead remake were so thrilling largely because they gave us zombies, formerly a tad poky on screen, who sprinted like velociraptors after human flesh. In Resident Evil: Apocalypse, the undead are back to stumbling in the dark, sometimes even in blurry slo-mo, making the many packs of them about as terrifying as the mobs waiting for Matt and Katie outside the Today studio. And that?s the least of this horrid movie?s disappointments. As a vanquisher named Alice trying to get out of the plague-infested Raccoon City, Milla Jovovich videogamely kicks into action with a backflip off a motorcycle after she rams it through a stained-glass cathedral window, but the rest of the cast is strictly straight-to-DVD. So?s the rest of this shotgun-to-the-head movie, which made a killing in its opening weekend-boding well for an apocalypse of the cinematic variety.
(Resident Evil: Apocalypse: Rolf Konow)
Genre: Action/Adventure, Horror; Starring: Milla Jovovich, Mike Epps, Oded Fehr, Jared Harris, Eric Mabius; Director: Alexander Witt; Author: Paul Anderson (Director), Alan McElroy; Release Date Wide: 09/10/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Outlander' postmortem: EP Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany on season premiere choking and spanking
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!