Last year?s 28 Days Later and this year?s Dawn of the Dead remake were so thrilling largely because they gave us zombies, formerly a tad poky on screen, who sprinted like velociraptors after human flesh. In Resident Evil: Apocalypse, the undead are back to stumbling in the dark, sometimes even in blurry slo-mo, making the many packs of them about as terrifying as the mobs waiting for Matt and Katie outside the Today studio. And that?s the least of this horrid movie?s disappointments. As a vanquisher named Alice trying to get out of the plague-infested Raccoon City, Milla Jovovich videogamely kicks into action with a backflip off a motorcycle after she rams it through a stained-glass cathedral window, but the rest of the cast is strictly straight-to-DVD. So?s the rest of this shotgun-to-the-head movie, which made a killing in its opening weekend-boding well for an apocalypse of the cinematic variety.
(Resident Evil: Apocalypse: Rolf Konow)
Genre: Action/Adventure, Horror; Starring: Milla Jovovich, Mike Epps, Oded Fehr, Jared Harris, Eric Mabius; Director: Alexander Witt; Author: Paul Anderson (Director), Alan McElroy; Release Date Wide: 09/10/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted September 24 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas returns with new single 'Trust You,' shares details of new album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Can Tyrion be trusted on 'Game of Thrones'?
- Kim and Kanye: It's their 1st anniversary
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!