A-listers were back in force at NYC’s spring 2005 fashion week (Sept. 8-15) despite a rainy first day that had style mavens ditching stilettos for – gasp! – galoshes. (Thank heaven for those cute Pucci- inspired boots!) Prayers to the Frizz-Ease gods were answered: Clear skies (if not eyes) prevailed during the rest of the week. J. Lo took in Tommy Hilfiger’s and Marc Jacobs’ shows, while Nelly performed at jeweler Chris Aire’s blingfest. Other stars included Jennifer Connelly (at Vera Wang), Jessica Simpson (at Luca Luca), and Janet Jackson (ignoring reporters at Baby Phat). More chatty was Katie Couric: ”I always feel a bit intimidated by the fashionistas here. I never quite look like Carrie Bradshaw.”
Posted September 24 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Aretha Franklin blocks Telluride screening of 'Amazing Grace'
- Hear Charlie Puth cover Drake's 'Hotline Bling' with Kehlani
- Check out the thrilling 'Arrow' season 4 trailer
- Mr. Bean's 25th anniversary marked outside Buckingham Palace
- Joan Rivers remembered by daughter Melissa in touching tribute
- 'Big Brother': James explains why he trashed the house during the veto competition
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!