A-listers were back in force at NYC’s spring 2005 fashion week (Sept. 8-15) despite a rainy first day that had style mavens ditching stilettos for – gasp! – galoshes. (Thank heaven for those cute Pucci- inspired boots!) Prayers to the Frizz-Ease gods were answered: Clear skies (if not eyes) prevailed during the rest of the week. J. Lo took in Tommy Hilfiger’s and Marc Jacobs’ shows, while Nelly performed at jeweler Chris Aire’s blingfest. Other stars included Jennifer Connelly (at Vera Wang), Jessica Simpson (at Luca Luca), and Janet Jackson (ignoring reporters at Baby Phat). More chatty was Katie Couric: ”I always feel a bit intimidated by the fashionistas here. I never quite look like Carrie Bradshaw.”
Posted September 24 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Rogue One' trailer gets 'Friends' treatment in mash-up video
- Drake sent Rihanna a message... on a billboard
- Twitter challenges users to #MakeASongTitleLonger
- Viola Davis opens up about struggling with childhood hunger in PSA
- NBC developing Noah's Ark... in space!
- Edward Snowden appearing live via satellite for 'Snowden' screening
- Joe Biden compares U.S. foreign policy to 'Ghostbusters'