NBC’s Will & Grace is still a big hit, but what if you reversed the sexes? Then you’d have ABC’s newest sitcom project, about a lesbian who lives with her best friend, a straight man. Aptly enough, the show will star Melissa Etheridge. The openly gay rocker will play a music teacher rooming with the guy and – here’s the other twist – a teenage girl. They’ll raise her as their own kid, even though they’re not a couple and the girl is actually the daughter of another friend. No word on when the show might debut, but ABC is surely already planning a sweeps-month guest spot for David Crosby as the real dad.
(Melissa Etheridge: Tammie Arroyo/AP)
Posted September 29 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Frank Langella sets Broadway return in 'The Father'
- Ja Rule and 50 Cent reignite their years-long feud
- ABC boss defends polarizing 'Grey's Anatomy' death
- 'Halo Wars 2' and more news from Microsoft's Gamescom conference
- Donald Trump biography gets early release date due to 'heightened interest'
- Simon Kinberg describes the new 'Star Wars' brain trust
- Kermit and Piggy announce breakup at TCA