NBC’s Will & Grace is still a big hit, but what if you reversed the sexes? Then you’d have ABC’s newest sitcom project, about a lesbian who lives with her best friend, a straight man. Aptly enough, the show will star Melissa Etheridge. The openly gay rocker will play a music teacher rooming with the guy and – here’s the other twist – a teenage girl. They’ll raise her as their own kid, even though they’re not a couple and the girl is actually the daughter of another friend. No word on when the show might debut, but ABC is surely already planning a sweeps-month guest spot for David Crosby as the real dad.
(Melissa Etheridge: Tammie Arroyo/AP)
Posted September 29 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!