NBC’s Will & Grace is still a big hit, but what if you reversed the sexes? Then you’d have ABC’s newest sitcom project, about a lesbian who lives with her best friend, a straight man. Aptly enough, the show will star Melissa Etheridge. The openly gay rocker will play a music teacher rooming with the guy and – here’s the other twist – a teenage girl. They’ll raise her as their own kid, even though they’re not a couple and the girl is actually the daughter of another friend. No word on when the show might debut, but ABC is surely already planning a sweeps-month guest spot for David Crosby as the real dad.
(Melissa Etheridge: Tammie Arroyo/AP)
Posted September 29 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Does Lincoln have a death wish?
- 'The Craft' remake is actually a sequel, producer says
- Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani will perform new duet on 'The Voice'
- Kendrick Lamar performs with Prince at Paisley Park in unearthed video
- Channing Tatum reveals dream costars in interview with nonverbal fan
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in Taran Killam-directed action comedy
- P!nk compares herself to Mad Hatter in 'Alice Through the Looking Glass'
- Met Gala 2016: The Best and Most Outrageous Looks
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast