NBC’s Will & Grace is still a big hit, but what if you reversed the sexes? Then you’d have ABC’s newest sitcom project, about a lesbian who lives with her best friend, a straight man. Aptly enough, the show will star Melissa Etheridge. The openly gay rocker will play a music teacher rooming with the guy and – here’s the other twist – a teenage girl. They’ll raise her as their own kid, even though they’re not a couple and the girl is actually the daughter of another friend. No word on when the show might debut, but ABC is surely already planning a sweeps-month guest spot for David Crosby as the real dad.
(Melissa Etheridge: Tammie Arroyo/AP)
Posted September 29 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See the trailer for 'Animorphs' author's next book, 'Crenshaw' -- exclusive
- 'Being Mary Jane' season 3 gets premiere date, adds guest stars Loretta Devine and Jill Scott
- See the new trailer for Eli Roth's 'Knock Knock'
- Listen to Jesse Eisenberg read about Carmelo Anthony in 'Bream Gives Me Hiccups' -- exclusive
- Shadowman returns to the Valiant Universe in 'Operation: Deadside'
- Nina Dobrev, Matt McGorry, and more advocate for sexual consent in 'It's On Us' campaign
- 'Survivor' players reveal whom they want out of the game first
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!