Charlize Theron makes a convincing rich-girl libertine of the ’30s and ’40s, but the film itslf is like Cabaret without the cabaret.
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Penelope Cruz, Charlize Theron, Stuart Townsend, Karine Vanasse; Director: John Duigan; Author: John Duigan; Runtime (in minutes): 121; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted October 1 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jerry Weintraub, veteran Hollywood producer, dies at 77
- Bill Cosby said in '05 deposition he acquired drugs to give women for sex
- Exclusive 'Royal Pains' clip: Hank is suspicious of Evan and Boris
- LeBron James will premiere Amy Schumer's Trainwreck in Akron
- Women's World Cup final: 25.4M viewers
- Dynamite and Atari team up for new comic ventures
- 'James Bond: The Musical'? It could happen
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!