Charlize Theron makes a convincing rich-girl libertine of the ’30s and ’40s, but the film itslf is like Cabaret without the cabaret.
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Penelope Cruz, Charlize Theron, Stuart Townsend, Karine Vanasse; Director: John Duigan; Author: John Duigan; Runtime (in minutes): 121; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted October 1 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt