Left-leaning doc, The Hunting of the President, examines the ”vast right-wing conspiracy” that Hillary Clinton said was determined to bring down her husband. The film sorts through a cast of characters who allegedly have hidden agendas, but it would be more effective if it didn’t gloss over the other side – most glaringly, the president’s now legendary ”I did not have sexual relations with that woman” sound bite, as well as his impeachment by the House of Representatives. (No wonder Clinton, who speaks at the premiere in the DVD’s lone extra, likes the movie so much.)
(Clinton: Greg Gibson/AP/Wide World photos)
Genre: Documentary; Director: Nickolas Perry, Harry Thomason; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Regent Entertainment
Posted October 1 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Thrones' actor on new show: 'We don't need dragons. We got cocaine!'
- David Spade: 'Fameless' isn't mean-spirited — the contestants are too 'thirsty'
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp': On the set of the prequel
- Azealia Banks: Australian crowds are 'violent' and 'terrible'
- Exclusive clip from TV satire 'Shooting the Warwicks' is unreal
- Diane Keaton joins Jude Law for HBO's 'The Young Pope'
- Someone's made a 'Breaking Bad'-inspired coffee shop
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!