Melissa Etheridge was supposed to play 11 dates this month in support of her recent album Lucky. Instead, she’s lucky she had a cancer screening. The rocker has been diagnosed with breast cancer and is canceling her upcoming shows, her publicist announced Thursday. The 43-year-old, who last week signed a deal to star in an ABC sitcom, has already been receiving treatment, she said in a statement. ”I am fortunate to be under a wonderful doctor’s care and thankful that this was caught early,” said Etheridge, who will undergo surgery soon. ”I am looking forward to a quick and full recovery.”
Posted October 8 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Originals' boss on the casting change you may have missed
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on 'Deadpool,' worshipping his daughter, and more
- Universal wins film rights for 'Gone Girl' author's ghost story 'The Grownup'
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down Damon's big fight scene
- Inside Disneyland's magical Dream Suite
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters
- Miramax, Roadside in talks to distribute Obama romance movie 'Southside With You'