Melissa Etheridge was supposed to play 11 dates this month in support of her recent album Lucky. Instead, she’s lucky she had a cancer screening. The rocker has been diagnosed with breast cancer and is canceling her upcoming shows, her publicist announced Thursday. The 43-year-old, who last week signed a deal to star in an ABC sitcom, has already been receiving treatment, she said in a statement. ”I am fortunate to be under a wonderful doctor’s care and thankful that this was caught early,” said Etheridge, who will undergo surgery soon. ”I am looking forward to a quick and full recovery.”
Posted October 8 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 21 things we learned from Lifetime's 'Unauthorized 90210 Story'
- Michael Fassbender 'studied Ashton Kutcher' (not really) for 'Steve Jobs'
- Why Victoria Justice got starstruck at Fashion Week
- Broadway's Cinderella and Prince Hans actor from 'Frozen' tie the knot
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': EW live blog
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': Play People's unofficial drinking game
- Princess Leia's 'Star Wars' bikini sells for $96,000 at auction