Melissa Etheridge was supposed to play 11 dates this month in support of her recent album Lucky. Instead, she’s lucky she had a cancer screening. The rocker has been diagnosed with breast cancer and is canceling her upcoming shows, her publicist announced Thursday. The 43-year-old, who last week signed a deal to star in an ABC sitcom, has already been receiving treatment, she said in a statement. ”I am fortunate to be under a wonderful doctor’s care and thankful that this was caught early,” said Etheridge, who will undergo surgery soon. ”I am looking forward to a quick and full recovery.”
Posted October 8 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The inhabitants of Alice’s Wonderland, ranked
- Beatlemania revisited in Ron Howard's new 'Eight Days a Week' trailer
- Dee Snider releases politically charged 'We're Not Gonna Take It' acoustic video
- Michael Che and Colin Jost hand out free Trump water at DNC
- Stephen Colbert recruits John Oliver for DNC 'Fight Song' parody
- Stephen Colbert retires alter ego, introduces 'identical twin cousin'
- Cara Delevingne pranked Kesha, Haim at Taylor Swift's July 4 party
- 15 Captivating International Crime Thrillers
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos