Melissa Etheridge was supposed to play 11 dates this month in support of her recent album Lucky. Instead, she’s lucky she had a cancer screening. The rocker has been diagnosed with breast cancer and is canceling her upcoming shows, her publicist announced Thursday. The 43-year-old, who last week signed a deal to star in an ABC sitcom, has already been receiving treatment, she said in a statement. ”I am fortunate to be under a wonderful doctor’s care and thankful that this was caught early,” said Etheridge, who will undergo surgery soon. ”I am looking forward to a quick and full recovery.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our exclusive audience with the queen of second chances
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- Django Django unveil trippy, magenta-hued video for 'Beginning to Fade'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' spinoff to star Adrianne Palicki, Nick Blood
- AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd pleads guilty
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!