Melissa Etheridge was supposed to play 11 dates this month in support of her recent album Lucky. Instead, she’s lucky she had a cancer screening. The rocker has been diagnosed with breast cancer and is canceling her upcoming shows, her publicist announced Thursday. The 43-year-old, who last week signed a deal to star in an ABC sitcom, has already been receiving treatment, she said in a statement. ”I am fortunate to be under a wonderful doctor’s care and thankful that this was caught early,” said Etheridge, who will undergo surgery soon. ”I am looking forward to a quick and full recovery.”
Posted October 8 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Downton Abbey' boss breaks down season 5 finale's surprises
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning Q's on Emma
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $19.1M
- 'Walking Dead': Tovah Feldshuh on her arrival as...
- 'Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero on 'Remember'--and the scenes we didn't see
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition: 'craziest 24 hours'
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit