Communist nostalgia. In Walter Salles’ road film, Gael García Bernal plays Ernesto Guevara in 1952, years before he became the martyr/guru Che. The character is little more than a noble, passive bourgeois, which lets the audience project their fantasies of Che onto Bernal’s deeply uninteresting performance.
Genre: Biography, Drama; Starring: Rodrigo De La Serna, Gael García Bernal; Director: Walter Salles; Author: Jose Rivera; Release Date Limited: 09/24/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Focus Features
Posted October 8 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- #MakeFilmsIntoTVShows Twitter trend was long overdue
- The Best of 2016 in entertainment, from A to Z
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2,' 'Bad Boys 4' set for Summer 2019
- Jennifer Lawrence can't believe Chris Pratt speaks German
- 'Justice League' director Zack Snyder eyeing 'The Last Photograph'
- 'An Inconvenient Truth' sequel debuting at Sundance in Jan. 2017
- Preview the opening scene of the 'Last Man on Earth' fall finale