Communist nostalgia. In Walter Salles’ road film, Gael García Bernal plays Ernesto Guevara in 1952, years before he became the martyr/guru Che. The character is little more than a noble, passive bourgeois, which lets the audience project their fantasies of Che onto Bernal’s deeply uninteresting performance.
Genre: Biography, Drama; Starring: Rodrigo De La Serna, Gael García Bernal; Director: Walter Salles; Author: Jose Rivera; Release Date Limited: 09/24/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Focus Features
Posted October 8 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Comic-Con 2016: 'Supernatural' reveals Sam's fate
- Leslie Jones calls for peace after racist Twitter posts: 'Hug someone'
- Selena Gomez says she needs to 'rethink some areas' of her life
- 'Vixen' season 2: The Flash and Firestorm return in Comic-Con clip
- 'Sherlock' season 4 first trailer
- Comic-Con: Ed Brubaker thought 'Winter Soldier' would be scrapped
- Box office: 'Star Trek Beyond' nearly triples 'Lights Out,' 'Ice Age'