Communist nostalgia. In Walter Salles’ road film, Gael García Bernal plays Ernesto Guevara in 1952, years before he became the martyr/guru Che. The character is little more than a noble, passive bourgeois, which lets the audience project their fantasies of Che onto Bernal’s deeply uninteresting performance.
Genre: Biography, Drama; Starring: Rodrigo De La Serna, Gael García Bernal; Director: Walter Salles; Author: Jose Rivera; Release Date Limited: 09/24/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Focus Features
Posted October 8 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Drake is releasing more new music in December
- Charlie Puth cancels remainder of tour due to sickness
- Universal Studios Japan is getting an entire 'Minions'-themed area
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat