Communist nostalgia. In Walter Salles’ road film, Gael García Bernal plays Ernesto Guevara in 1952, years before he became the martyr/guru Che. The character is little more than a noble, passive bourgeois, which lets the audience project their fantasies of Che onto Bernal’s deeply uninteresting performance.
Genre: Biography, Drama; Starring: Rodrigo De La Serna, Gael García Bernal; Director: Walter Salles; Author: Jose Rivera; Release Date Limited: 09/24/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Focus Features
Posted October 8 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good
- Woody Allen on Dylan Farrow accusations: 'I get harassed all the time on it'
- 'Game of Thrones' star Maisie Williams: 'It's time to wrap this up'
- Nate Parker comments on rape trial controversy in Ebony interview
- 'Beauty and the Beast' photos reveal Cogsworth, Lumière, and the Prince