On his second solo studio effort, Raphael Saadiq as Ray Ray Saadiq epitomizes the ”grown and sexy” vibe. Casting himself as a puckish blaxploitation-era player, the former Tony! Toni! Toné! fronter woos honeys from Detroit to Houston with enough midtempo dance grooves to make R. Kelly seem out of step. While his songwriting game can get amateur — ”I love the way you’re turning it on/That’s why I’m writing this song” — Saadiq’s bass virtuosity is strictly pimp caliber.
Raphael Saadiq as Ray Ray On his second solo studio effort, Raphael Saadiq as Ray Ray Saadiq epitomizes the ''grown and sexy'' vibe. Casting himself as a...Raphael Saadiq as Ray RayR&B On his second solo studio effort, Raphael Saadiq as Ray Ray Saadiq epitomizes the ''grown and sexy'' vibe. Casting himself as a...2004-10-08
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Raphael Saadiq; Producer (group): Pookie
Posted October 8 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Foals premiere interactive video for 'Mountain at My Gates'
- MTV's 'Scream' renewed for season 2
- Jane Lynch's mom once chased after Meryl Streep
- Jason Schwartzman & Josh Charles talk 'Wet Hot' prequel
- Justin Bieber teases new single, 'What Do You Mean,' due out next month
- YouTube stars unite for first all-female 'Girls' Night In' tour
- LeBron James hints at role in 'Space Jam 2'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!