On his second solo studio effort, Raphael Saadiq as Ray Ray Saadiq epitomizes the ”grown and sexy” vibe. Casting himself as a puckish blaxploitation-era player, the former Tony! Toni! Toné! fronter woos honeys from Detroit to Houston with enough midtempo dance grooves to make R. Kelly seem out of step. While his songwriting game can get amateur — ”I love the way you’re turning it on/That’s why I’m writing this song” — Saadiq’s bass virtuosity is strictly pimp caliber.
Raphael Saadiq as Ray Ray On his second solo studio effort, Raphael Saadiq as Ray Ray Saadiq epitomizes the ''grown and sexy'' vibe. Casting himself as a...Raphael Saadiq as Ray RayR&B On his second solo studio effort, Raphael Saadiq as Ray Ray Saadiq epitomizes the ''grown and sexy'' vibe. Casting himself as a...2004-10-08
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Raphael Saadiq; Producer (group): Pookie
Posted October 8 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jon Hamm introduces a montage of Jon Stewart's most memorable musical moments
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ off TV Land schedule
- Fox News says Kendrick Lamar's BET performance incites violence
- Amy Schumer talked to Jon Stewart about 'The Daily Show' before saying no
- Stephen King releases 'Drunken Fireworks' audiobook
- Casting Net: Julia Roberts signs on for 'Mother’s Day'
- 'Parks and Rec' alum Retta will host the 'Orphan Black' panel at Comic-Con
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Lupita Nyong'o, Amber Heard, Rosario Dawson & More!