On his second solo studio effort, Raphael Saadiq as Ray Ray Saadiq epitomizes the ”grown and sexy” vibe. Casting himself as a puckish blaxploitation-era player, the former Tony! Toni! Toné! fronter woos honeys from Detroit to Houston with enough midtempo dance grooves to make R. Kelly seem out of step. While his songwriting game can get amateur — ”I love the way you’re turning it on/That’s why I’m writing this song” — Saadiq’s bass virtuosity is strictly pimp caliber.
Raphael Saadiq as Ray Ray On his second solo studio effort, Raphael Saadiq as Ray Ray Saadiq epitomizes the ''grown and sexy'' vibe. Casting himself as a...Raphael Saadiq as Ray RayR&B On his second solo studio effort, Raphael Saadiq as Ray Ray Saadiq epitomizes the ''grown and sexy'' vibe. Casting himself as a...2004-10-08
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Raphael Saadiq; Producer (group): Pookie
Posted October 8 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!