Burt Reynolds is starring in yet another movie about good ol’ boys who drive real fast, only this time, he’s letting someone else take the wheel. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Reynolds and Willie Nelson are in final negotiations to join the cast of the big-screen version of The Dukes of Hazzard, with Reynolds playing the Duke family’s corrupt nemesis, Boss Hogg. Nelson will play kindly Uncle Jesse. They join a cast that includes Johnny Knoxville and Seann William Scott as Luke and Bo Duke and, of course, Jessica Simpson as short-shorts-clad Daisy Duke. Though the Warner Bros. film will be set in the present, the boys’ ride, the General Lee, will still be an orange 1969 Dodge Charger, Variety reports. No word on whether it’ll still have a Confederate flag emblazoned on it, or whether Reynolds will give the boys driving tips.
(Burt Reynolds: Luis Martinez/AP)
Posted October 15 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Beyoncé used New Orleans documentary footage 'with permission' in new 'Formation' video: rep
- Larry David hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Listen to Chrisette Michele's a cappella cover of Adele's 'Hello'
- 'Zoolander 2' tries to recreate the magic of Magnum in new clip
- Tony Goldwyn teases Fitz's state of mind in 'Scandal' return
- Lady Gaga says Super Bowl performance is one of the highest honors