Burt Reynolds is starring in yet another movie about good ol’ boys who drive real fast, only this time, he’s letting someone else take the wheel. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Reynolds and Willie Nelson are in final negotiations to join the cast of the big-screen version of The Dukes of Hazzard, with Reynolds playing the Duke family’s corrupt nemesis, Boss Hogg. Nelson will play kindly Uncle Jesse. They join a cast that includes Johnny Knoxville and Seann William Scott as Luke and Bo Duke and, of course, Jessica Simpson as short-shorts-clad Daisy Duke. Though the Warner Bros. film will be set in the present, the boys’ ride, the General Lee, will still be an orange 1969 Dodge Charger, Variety reports. No word on whether it’ll still have a Confederate flag emblazoned on it, or whether Reynolds will give the boys driving tips.
(Burt Reynolds: Luis Martinez/AP)
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Survivor' exclusive sneak peek: Watch the 'Worlds Apart' merge
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!