Burt Reynolds is starring in yet another movie about good ol’ boys who drive real fast, only this time, he’s letting someone else take the wheel. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Reynolds and Willie Nelson are in final negotiations to join the cast of the big-screen version of The Dukes of Hazzard, with Reynolds playing the Duke family’s corrupt nemesis, Boss Hogg. Nelson will play kindly Uncle Jesse. They join a cast that includes Johnny Knoxville and Seann William Scott as Luke and Bo Duke and, of course, Jessica Simpson as short-shorts-clad Daisy Duke. Though the Warner Bros. film will be set in the present, the boys’ ride, the General Lee, will still be an orange 1969 Dodge Charger, Variety reports. No word on whether it’ll still have a Confederate flag emblazoned on it, or whether Reynolds will give the boys driving tips.
(Burt Reynolds: Luis Martinez/AP)
Posted October 15 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Queen of Katwe' story inspired Alicia Keys to write a new song
- Sebastian Stan joins Steven Soderbergh's heist film 'Logan Lucky'
- Three Rounds: Sunday Funday with the cast of 'You're the Worst'
- Teyana Taylor, star of Kanye West's 'Fade' video, cast in VH1's 'The Breaks'
- 'Phantasm: Remastered' poster: The Tall Man gets a grip
- WATCH: Here's your exclusive first look at 'Project Runway' season 15
- Marvel Tsum Tsums go from plush to digital in new mobile game
- 11 of the Best 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood' Guest Stars
- 'Easy': 12 Exclusive First Look Photos
- First Look: Jyn Erso Toys from 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
- Darth Vader, Voldemort, and 7 Other Pop Culture Comparisons to Donald Trump
- Celebrity Professors: See Stars Who Make the Grade
- 55 Books to Read This Fall