Burt Reynolds is starring in yet another movie about good ol’ boys who drive real fast, only this time, he’s letting someone else take the wheel. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Reynolds and Willie Nelson are in final negotiations to join the cast of the big-screen version of The Dukes of Hazzard, with Reynolds playing the Duke family’s corrupt nemesis, Boss Hogg. Nelson will play kindly Uncle Jesse. They join a cast that includes Johnny Knoxville and Seann William Scott as Luke and Bo Duke and, of course, Jessica Simpson as short-shorts-clad Daisy Duke. Though the Warner Bros. film will be set in the present, the boys’ ride, the General Lee, will still be an orange 1969 Dodge Charger, Variety reports. No word on whether it’ll still have a Confederate flag emblazoned on it, or whether Reynolds will give the boys driving tips.
(Burt Reynolds: Luis Martinez/AP)
Posted October 15 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scandal' stars are back to work on season 6
- Eva Longoria dings Donald Trump at DNC: 'My father is not a rapist'
- 'Bachelorette': Wells gives 'spirited' episode recap on Snapchat
- Michelle Obama hits back at Donald Trump in powerful DNC speech
- Shannen Doherty shares breast cancer update after shaving head
- Paul Simon performs 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' at DNC
- Sarah Silverman to Bernie Sanders holdouts: 'You're being ridiculous'
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels