Country will definitely go to town when the Nov. 15, 2005, CMA Awards take place at Madison Square Garden, breaking a 38-year Nashville tradition. ”We expect some media slants of ‘What are these cowboys doing in Manhattan?”’ laughs CMA executive director Ed Benson. ”But sales-wise, it’s country’s No. 1 or 2 market.” Just remember when you get to the meatpacking district, folks: That ain’t no redneck woman!
Posted October 15 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' postmortem: Elizabeth Henstridge talks surprising return
- The 10 most-promising 'Voice' contestants
- Top 5 'Muppets' moments from 'Bear Left Then Bear Write'
- Johnny Cash and Miranda Lambert get stars on the Music City Walk of Fame
- Casting Net: Jennifer Aniston, Jack Huston fly with 'The Yellow Birds'
- Hannibal Buress shares unaired 'Unemployable' pilot
- 'The Flash' boss on heartbreaking premiere twist