Country will definitely go to town when the Nov. 15, 2005, CMA Awards take place at Madison Square Garden, breaking a 38-year Nashville tradition. ”We expect some media slants of ‘What are these cowboys doing in Manhattan?”’ laughs CMA executive director Ed Benson. ”But sales-wise, it’s country’s No. 1 or 2 market.” Just remember when you get to the meatpacking district, folks: That ain’t no redneck woman!
Posted October 15 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!