Could America’s Next Top Model be more interested in juicy backstories (one wannabe is legally blind! One’s a stripper!) than in finding the next bona fide catwalker? Let’s just say Gisele needn’t shake in her stilettos. ”Generally speaking, you need to be in your teens,” says Kirsten Weaver, VP of ID Models in NYC. (Only four of Top Model’s 14 hopefuls are under 20; finalist Amanda, right, is 25.) As for looks, Weaver dismisses the lot as ”run-of-the-mill catalog models.” Producer Ken Mok insists, ”We cast girls who have a shot at becoming a top model.” But he’s no reality TV fool: ”You also have to find a girl whose personality is going to pop.”
Posted October 15 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!