Could America’s Next Top Model be more interested in juicy backstories (one wannabe is legally blind! One’s a stripper!) than in finding the next bona fide catwalker? Let’s just say Gisele needn’t shake in her stilettos. ”Generally speaking, you need to be in your teens,” says Kirsten Weaver, VP of ID Models in NYC. (Only four of Top Model’s 14 hopefuls are under 20; finalist Amanda, right, is 25.) As for looks, Weaver dismisses the lot as ”run-of-the-mill catalog models.” Producer Ken Mok insists, ”We cast girls who have a shot at becoming a top model.” But he’s no reality TV fool: ”You also have to find a girl whose personality is going to pop.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!