With ”edgy” songs like ”Do You Want Me?” ”Weird,” and ”Hide Away,” Disney’s teen princess Hilary Duff announces on her self-titled album she’s a complicated rock & roll adolescent on the order of Avril and Ashlee. Uh-huh. And Betty from the Archie comics is Patti Smith. The middle-school-poetry lyrics may strike a chord, but Duff’s voice, a tiny thing that continues to lack a shred of musical personality, is buried under layers of generic cheese arrangements. Real bad stuff.
Hilary DuffWith ''edgy'' songs like ''Do You Want Me?'' ''Weird,'' and ''Hide Away,'' Disney's teen princess Hilary Duff announces on her self-titled album she's a...Hilary DuffWith ''edgy'' songs like ''Do You Want Me?'' ''Weird,'' and ''Hide Away,'' Disney's teen princess Hilary Duff announces on her self-titled album she's a...2004-10-15
Lead Performer: Hilary Duff; Producer (group): Hollywood
Posted October 15 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Frozen' musical selects city for world premiere before Broadway
- 'The Big Bang Theory' shocker: Bernadette's big news!
- Here are all the featured artists on Kanye West's new album
- 'Deadpool' screenwriters 'trying to get a jump on' sequel
- Martin Shkreli wants to be the sole owner of Kanye West's new album
- See a preview of Kanye West's videogame, about his mother going to heaven
- Box office preview: 'Deadpool' to demolish 'Zoolander 2,' 'How To Be Single'
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996