With ”edgy” songs like ”Do You Want Me?” ”Weird,” and ”Hide Away,” Disney’s teen princess Hilary Duff announces on her self-titled album she’s a complicated rock & roll adolescent on the order of Avril and Ashlee. Uh-huh. And Betty from the Archie comics is Patti Smith. The middle-school-poetry lyrics may strike a chord, but Duff’s voice, a tiny thing that continues to lack a shred of musical personality, is buried under layers of generic cheese arrangements. Real bad stuff.
Hilary DuffWith ''edgy'' songs like ''Do You Want Me?'' ''Weird,'' and ''Hide Away,'' Disney's teen princess Hilary Duff announces on her self-titled album she's a...Hilary DuffWith ''edgy'' songs like ''Do You Want Me?'' ''Weird,'' and ''Hide Away,'' Disney's teen princess Hilary Duff announces on her self-titled album she's a...2004-10-15
Lead Performer: Hilary Duff; Producer (group): Hollywood
Posted October 15 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Pure Genius': Augustus Prew teases show's upcoming love triangle
- Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star destroyed
- Patton Oswalt on his wife's death: 'Grief is an attack on life'
- The Shins share music video for new song, 'Dead Alive'
- Emily Barr previews new YA novel, 'The One Memory of Flora Banks'
- Niall Horan plays Would You Rather? on 'Ellen'
- WATCH: A bachelor party turns bloody in horror film 'SiREN' — exclusive
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like