With ”edgy” songs like ”Do You Want Me?” ”Weird,” and ”Hide Away,” Disney’s teen princess Hilary Duff announces on her self-titled album she’s a complicated rock & roll adolescent on the order of Avril and Ashlee. Uh-huh. And Betty from the Archie comics is Patti Smith. The middle-school-poetry lyrics may strike a chord, but Duff’s voice, a tiny thing that continues to lack a shred of musical personality, is buried under layers of generic cheese arrangements. Real bad stuff.
Hilary DuffWith ''edgy'' songs like ''Do You Want Me?'' ''Weird,'' and ''Hide Away,'' Disney's teen princess Hilary Duff announces on her self-titled album she's a...Hilary DuffWith ''edgy'' songs like ''Do You Want Me?'' ''Weird,'' and ''Hide Away,'' Disney's teen princess Hilary Duff announces on her self-titled album she's a...2004-10-15
Lead Performer: Hilary Duff; Producer (group): Hollywood
Posted October 15 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday