An upright, noble-minded World War II-type picture in search of an upright, noble-minded war. Joaquin Phoenix and John Travolta play firefighters made honorable by their averageness.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Joaquin Phoenix, John Travolta, Jacinda Barrett, Morris Chestnut, Balthazar Getty, Tim Guinee, Jay Hernandez, Robert Patrick; Director: Jay Russell; Author: Lewis Colick; Release Date Wide: 10/01/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 115; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Touchstone Pictures
Posted October 15 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia Manzano's 7 favorite episodes from her 44 years as Maria
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Caitlyn Jenner gives empowering talk in new 'I Am Cait' trailer
- Michael Eisner clarifies comment that beautiful, funny women are 'impossible to find'
- Sluggish Fourth of July boxoffice no picnic for Hollywood
- Michael Fassbender is the Dude for upcoming 'Big Lebowski' live read in Montreal
- ESPN pulls golf tourney off Trump course
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!