Granted, 45 bucks ain’t cheap for a book. But the Sinatra estate seems to have spared no expense for this lavish tribute to Ol’ Blue Eyes. Plus, The Sinatra Treasures isn’t really a book anyway. It’s more like a pop-up, multimedia orgy of ring-a-ding-ding testimonials (boy, Peggy Lee sure could lay it on thick) and snapshots of Francis Albert in the company of politicians (Reagan), fellow carousers (Dino), or both (JFK). Still, the highlight is the dozen or so removable documents in tissue-paper sleeves, including facsimiles of Frank’s not-so-juicy correspondence with Cary Grant, Grace Kelly, and Jerry Lewis; concert tickets from gigs in Rio and Japan; and perhaps most revealing of all, Sinatra’s contract rider from a stint at Bally’s in Las Vegas — in addition to hooch, the man had a sweet tooth for cherry Life Savers and Entenmann’s coffee cake. Who knew?
The Sinatra Treasures Granted, 45 bucks ain't cheap for a book. But the Sinatra estate seems to have spared no expense for this lavish tribute to Ol' Blue Eyes. Plus, ...The Sinatra TreasuresNonfictionCharles Pignone Granted, 45 bucks ain't cheap for a book. But the Sinatra estate seems to have spared no expense for this lavish tribute to Ol' Blue Eyes. Plus, ...2004-10-15Bulfinch
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Charles Pignone; Publisher: Bulfinch
Posted October 15 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Keith Richards talks solo album, documentary, and trying to get the Stones back in the studio
- 'Saturday Night Live' adds Jon Rudnitsky as cast member
- Rooney Mara helps Rio kids in new 'Trash' trailer
- What's expiring on Netflix in September
- Neve Campbell 'devastated' by Wes Craven's death
- 'Faking It' boss previews season 2B: New faces, dynamics, and that upcoming Karmy kiss
- Andy Grammer joins 'Dancing With the Stars'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!