…Or is Eminem’s new single so desperate a stab at offending that it must be a joke? Once the king of controversy, Em now strings together rhymes about farting, streaking, and molesting kids on the puerile, utterly uninspired ”Just Lose It.” Rumor has it that Encore, his upcoming fifth solo album, has a strong political bent, and smart money believes the single and its manic video are a red herring, a slapdash diversion meant to misdirect the media hounds until the incendiary MC bows with his most mature polemic yet. At least that’s what we’re hoping.
Posted October 15 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Taylor Swift teases 'Wildest Dreams' video with pic of Scott Eastwood
- Andy Samberg provides Emmys hashtags #freepizza(no)
- Watch the MTV VMAs with EW's drinking game
- Fan theory suggests the Joker was hero of 'The Dark Knight'
- Everything Hannibal wore on 'Hannibal'
- Jeff Probst on the players he's surprised didn't get voted into 'Survivor'
- Justin Timberlake and Jonathan Demme are making a 'space age music film'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!