…Or is Eminem’s new single so desperate a stab at offending that it must be a joke? Once the king of controversy, Em now strings together rhymes about farting, streaking, and molesting kids on the puerile, utterly uninspired ”Just Lose It.” Rumor has it that Encore, his upcoming fifth solo album, has a strong political bent, and smart money believes the single and its manic video are a red herring, a slapdash diversion meant to misdirect the media hounds until the incendiary MC bows with his most mature polemic yet. At least that’s what we’re hoping.
Posted October 15 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles