It was QVC: The Rematch. On Oct. 11, Donald Trump and a gaggle of The Apprentice’s baby Trumps past and present returned to the couch-potato-consumer channel. In addition to Sam hawking season 1 DVDs, the wannabes went back before the cameras to sell the miracle sponges and panini grills (”Look at the melted cheese!”) they’d touted in Oct. 7’s task. Kid-hating Pamela vindicated her recent loss, moving more than 3,000 sponges, while the guys sold about 800 of their appliances — and fed the studio audience. ”This is the first time that anyone other than the ‘firee’ has made an appearance on behalf of the reality television hit,” said Darlene Daggett, the cabler’s president of U.S. commerce, in a statement. ”We are thrilled that it [happened] live on QVC.” We bet the Donald is thrilled too: His appearance helped shatter previous QVC book-launch sales by selling 31,400 units of Trump: Think Like a Billionaire in 20 minutes.
Posted October 22 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, The Baldwins & More!