It was QVC: The Rematch. On Oct. 11, Donald Trump and a gaggle of The Apprentice’s baby Trumps past and present returned to the couch-potato-consumer channel. In addition to Sam hawking season 1 DVDs, the wannabes went back before the cameras to sell the miracle sponges and panini grills (”Look at the melted cheese!”) they’d touted in Oct. 7’s task. Kid-hating Pamela vindicated her recent loss, moving more than 3,000 sponges, while the guys sold about 800 of their appliances — and fed the studio audience. ”This is the first time that anyone other than the ‘firee’ has made an appearance on behalf of the reality television hit,” said Darlene Daggett, the cabler’s president of U.S. commerce, in a statement. ”We are thrilled that it [happened] live on QVC.” We bet the Donald is thrilled too: His appearance helped shatter previous QVC book-launch sales by selling 31,400 units of Trump: Think Like a Billionaire in 20 minutes.
Posted October 22 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Carpool Karaoke: Lady Gaga sings, James Corden wears meat dress
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Philinda finally going to happen?
- Adele endorses Hillary Clinton at Miami concert
- Stephen Colbert compares Donald Trump to Voldemort
- 'This Is Us': Dan Fogelman breaks down Jack and William revelations
- Trump-inspired 'Law & Order: SVU' episode gets post-election air date
- 'This Is Us': Milo Ventimiglia on Jack's fate
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop