It was QVC: The Rematch. On Oct. 11, Donald Trump and a gaggle of The Apprentice’s baby Trumps past and present returned to the couch-potato-consumer channel. In addition to Sam hawking season 1 DVDs, the wannabes went back before the cameras to sell the miracle sponges and panini grills (”Look at the melted cheese!”) they’d touted in Oct. 7’s task. Kid-hating Pamela vindicated her recent loss, moving more than 3,000 sponges, while the guys sold about 800 of their appliances — and fed the studio audience. ”This is the first time that anyone other than the ‘firee’ has made an appearance on behalf of the reality television hit,” said Darlene Daggett, the cabler’s president of U.S. commerce, in a statement. ”We are thrilled that it [happened] live on QVC.” We bet the Donald is thrilled too: His appearance helped shatter previous QVC book-launch sales by selling 31,400 units of Trump: Think Like a Billionaire in 20 minutes.
Posted October 22 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles