It was QVC: The Rematch. On Oct. 11, Donald Trump and a gaggle of The Apprentice’s baby Trumps past and present returned to the couch-potato-consumer channel. In addition to Sam hawking season 1 DVDs, the wannabes went back before the cameras to sell the miracle sponges and panini grills (”Look at the melted cheese!”) they’d touted in Oct. 7’s task. Kid-hating Pamela vindicated her recent loss, moving more than 3,000 sponges, while the guys sold about 800 of their appliances — and fed the studio audience. ”This is the first time that anyone other than the ‘firee’ has made an appearance on behalf of the reality television hit,” said Darlene Daggett, the cabler’s president of U.S. commerce, in a statement. ”We are thrilled that it [happened] live on QVC.” We bet the Donald is thrilled too: His appearance helped shatter previous QVC book-launch sales by selling 31,400 units of Trump: Think Like a Billionaire in 20 minutes.
Posted October 22 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Empire': Lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming at youth detention center
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...