It was QVC: The Rematch. On Oct. 11, Donald Trump and a gaggle of The Apprentice’s baby Trumps past and present returned to the couch-potato-consumer channel. In addition to Sam hawking season 1 DVDs, the wannabes went back before the cameras to sell the miracle sponges and panini grills (”Look at the melted cheese!”) they’d touted in Oct. 7’s task. Kid-hating Pamela vindicated her recent loss, moving more than 3,000 sponges, while the guys sold about 800 of their appliances — and fed the studio audience. ”This is the first time that anyone other than the ‘firee’ has made an appearance on behalf of the reality television hit,” said Darlene Daggett, the cabler’s president of U.S. commerce, in a statement. ”We are thrilled that it [happened] live on QVC.” We bet the Donald is thrilled too: His appearance helped shatter previous QVC book-launch sales by selling 31,400 units of Trump: Think Like a Billionaire in 20 minutes.
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!