Noted children’s book author Madonna is about to embark on another kid-friendly project. According to the Hollywood Reporter, she’ll make her cartoon debut in Arthur, an $80 million computer-animated feature due in 2006. It’s the story of a 10-year-old boy who tries to save his grandfather’s house from developers by embarking on a quest for hidden treasure in the land of the Minimoys, a race of tiny folk who live in harmony with nature. Madonna’s role is Princess Selenia, who accompanies Arthur to a forbidden city where a villainous creature lives. The film is based on a series of children’s books by Luc Besson, who will also direct the movie. We’d never have figured Besson, best known as the director and producer of hyper-violent films like La Femme Nikita, for a children’s story author; we figured his idea of a story for kids was The Professional, the 1994 Besson movie that starred a pre-pubescent Natalie Portman as a little girl who bonds with a contract killer after corrupt cops massacre her family. Of course, a few years ago, we wouldn’t have imagined that Madonna would turn her attention to kiddie lit either.
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Penultimate Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Art of Evolution sets the stage for an intense finale
- Who said it: Tony Stark or Robert Downey Jr.?
- Paul Giamatti is anti-dildo in 'Inside Amy Schumer' clip
- Manny Pacquiao being sued for failure to disclose injury ahead of Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight
- Reese Witherspoon and Aidy Bryant almost run away together twice in ‘SNL’ promo
- Nathan Lane sings tribute to David Letterman on ‘Late Show’
- 'The Royals' exclusive clip: Prince Liam drunk sings a Disney song
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Taylor Swift, Cate Blanchett, James Marsden & More!