An odd amalgam of high spirits, lively ambition, and botched execution. It’s the 1660s, when women aren’t allowed to appear on stage and audiences line up to see Edward Kynaston (Billy Crudup) play Desdemona. The movie tends to drag the moment it’s out of drag.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Billy Crudup, Claire Danes, Tom Wilkinson, Ben Chaplin, Rupert Everett; Director: Richard Eyre; Author: Jeffrey Hatcher; Release Date Limited: 10/08/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted October 22 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Michael B. Jordan may bare his fangs in MGM's 'Blood Brothers'
- Aaron Tveit, Daniel Sunjata sum up 'Graceland' in 30 seconds
- 'Hannibal' boss previews series finale, considers cannibalism
- 'Suicide Squad' wrap photo is like a 'Where's Waldo?'
- Lionsgate planning movie based on 'Borderlands' video game
- What it was like inside Lady Gaga's blood-red 'American Horror Story' pool party
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Blacklist,' 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'The Flash' and more
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!