An odd amalgam of high spirits, lively ambition, and botched execution. It’s the 1660s, when women aren’t allowed to appear on stage and audiences line up to see Edward Kynaston (Billy Crudup) play Desdemona. The movie tends to drag the moment it’s out of drag.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Billy Crudup, Claire Danes, Tom Wilkinson, Ben Chaplin, Rupert Everett; Director: Richard Eyre; Author: Jeffrey Hatcher; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted October 22 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Anthony Geary may return to 'General Hospital' if 'story is interesting'
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ellie Kemper, Matthew Fox, The VS Angels & More!