Middle America may never get Le Tigre’s rebel grrrl lyrics and queer-friendly, feminist agenda. So with This Island, the band is throwing a dance party — albeit DNC-promoting — led by cheerleader choruses and beats that snap, skip, and glisten like something out of a ‘79 discotheque. But there’s such a thing as being too populist: The awful cover of the Pointer Sisters’ ”I’m So Excited” could have hard-core fans rethinking their alliances.
This Island Middle America may never get Le Tigre's rebel grrrl lyrics and queer-friendly, feminist agenda. So with This Island, the band is ...This Island Middle America may never get Le Tigre's rebel grrrl lyrics and queer-friendly, feminist agenda. So with This Island, the band is ...2004-10-22
Producer (group): Strummer, Universal
Posted October 22 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!