If you ever felt like you were growing old sitting in a waiting room, you’ll identify with vampire David Bowie, who ages about 50 years waiting for an appointment with Susan Sarandon in The Hunger (R, 96 mins., 1983), Tony Scott’s first and best film. Speaking of phobias, the lesbian scene helped many male viewers overcome their homophobia (and ”certainly changed my fan base,” Sarandon quips in a commentary).
(The Hunger: Photofest)
Genre: Erotic; Starring: David Bowie, Catherine Deneuve, Susan Sarandon; Director: Tony Scott; MPAA Rating: R
Posted October 26 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Rob Lowe roast: Jewel slams Ann Coulter, Peyton Manning tweaks Tom Brady
- Fall TV premiere dates: Find out when every show will debut
- Alison Brie joins Jenji Kohan's all-female wrestling series 'G.L.O.W.'
- Riz Ahmed delivers his own ferdict on ‘The Night Of’ finale
- Rudy Giuliani slams Beyoncé 'I saved more black lives' than her
- Jay Z, Beyoncé, Kanye West, Kim Kardashian hung out after the VMAs
- Britney Spears wants to collaborate with Justin Timberlake