Annette Bening gets her sparkle back in this puckishly contrived British period piece. She plays a celebrated stage performer of the 1930s who is always acting, even when she thinks she’s being sincere.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Annette Bening, Maury Chaykin, Michael Gambon, Bruce Greenwood, Jeremy Irons, Juliet Stevenson, Miriam Margolyes, Sheila McCarthy, Lucy Punch; Director: Istvan Szabo; Author: Ronald Harwood; Release Date Wide: 10/15/2004; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 104; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted October 29 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!