Annette Bening gets her sparkle back in this puckishly contrived British period piece. She plays a celebrated stage performer of the 1930s who is always acting, even when she thinks she’s being sincere.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Annette Bening, Maury Chaykin, Michael Gambon, Bruce Greenwood, Jeremy Irons, Juliet Stevenson, Miriam Margolyes, Sheila McCarthy, Lucy Punch; Director: Istvan Szabo; Author: Ronald Harwood; Release Date Wide: 10/15/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 104; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted October 29 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'