Annette Bening gets her sparkle back in this puckishly contrived British period piece. She plays a celebrated stage performer of the 1930s who is always acting, even when she thinks she’s being sincere.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Annette Bening, Maury Chaykin, Michael Gambon, Bruce Greenwood, Jeremy Irons, Juliet Stevenson, Miriam Margolyes, Sheila McCarthy, Lucy Punch; Director: Istvan Szabo; Author: Ronald Harwood; Release Date Wide: 10/15/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 104; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted October 29 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 50 artists who couldn't have rocked without Alanis Morissette's 'Jagged Little Pill'
- See Ellen Page audition to be a stand-up comedian on 'Conan'
- Inside the Keatons' picture perfect 'Family Ties' reunion for EW
- Hailee Steinfeld makes late night debut as a musical guest
- This Week's Cover: 'Felicity,' 'Family Ties,' 'Bring It On,' 'Rocky Horror' reunions, and more
- Taylor Swift shares a playlist of 'new songs that will make your life awesome'
- Keshia Knight Pulliam comments on 'Cosby Show' legacy in new interview