Annette Bening gets her sparkle back in this puckishly contrived British period piece. She plays a celebrated stage performer of the 1930s who is always acting, even when she thinks she’s being sincere.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Annette Bening, Maury Chaykin, Michael Gambon, Bruce Greenwood, Jeremy Irons, Juliet Stevenson, Miriam Margolyes, Sheila McCarthy, Lucy Punch; Director: Istvan Szabo; Author: Ronald Harwood; Release Date Wide: 10/15/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 104; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted October 29 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Diana Douglas, mother of Michael Douglas and ex-wife of Kirk Douglas, dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- Bubba Watson says he's removing Confederate flag from his 'Dukes of Hazzard' car
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!