Annette Bening gets her sparkle back in this puckishly contrived British period piece. She plays a celebrated stage performer of the 1930s who is always acting, even when she thinks she’s being sincere.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Annette Bening, Maury Chaykin, Michael Gambon, Bruce Greenwood, Jeremy Irons, Juliet Stevenson, Miriam Margolyes, Sheila McCarthy, Lucy Punch; Director: Istvan Szabo; Author: Ronald Harwood; Release Date Wide: 10/15/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 104; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted October 29 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Bone Tomahawk' director to reboot 'Puppet Master' franchise
- What time are the Tony nominations?
- 'Space Jam' sequel with LeBron James, Justin Lin in development
- 'Ghostbusters': The most scrutinized movie of the summer?
- Kesha thanks Lady Gaga and fans in emotional Instagram post
- LOL through 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' as told by emojis
- Tony Awards 2016: 5 things to expect from the nominations
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour