Annette Bening gets her sparkle back in this puckishly contrived British period piece. She plays a celebrated stage performer of the 1930s who is always acting, even when she thinks she’s being sincere.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Annette Bening, Maury Chaykin, Michael Gambon, Bruce Greenwood, Jeremy Irons, Juliet Stevenson, Miriam Margolyes, Sheila McCarthy, Lucy Punch; Director: Istvan Szabo; Author: Ronald Harwood; Release Date Wide: 10/15/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 104; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted October 29 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mr. Bean's 25th anniversary marked outside Buckingham Palace
- Joan Rivers remembered by daughter Melissa in touching tribute
- 'Big Brother': James explains why he trashed the house during the veto competition
- Michelle Obama wished Beyoncé a happy birthday on Twitter
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- 'Big Brother': Meg on her biggest mistake and that drunken night with Clay
- Pink says she has no issue with Demi Lovato after critical VMAs comments
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!