Annette Bening gets her sparkle back in this puckishly contrived British period piece. She plays a celebrated stage performer of the 1930s who is always acting, even when she thinks she’s being sincere.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Annette Bening, Maury Chaykin, Michael Gambon, Bruce Greenwood, Jeremy Irons, Juliet Stevenson, Miriam Margolyes, Sheila McCarthy, Lucy Punch; Director: Istvan Szabo; Author: Ronald Harwood; Release Date Wide: 10/15/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 104; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted October 29 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lance Bass celebrates *NSYNC's 21st birthday with '90s fashion throwback pic
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' reveals first plot details
- Anna Kendrick grieves over 'Great British Baking Show' host departures
- Grumpy Cat makes Broadway debut with the cast of 'Cats'
- 'The Tonight Show': James Marsden sings Kenny Rogers to 'get the girl'
- Clive Owen, Dakota Fanning go fast and furious for BMW short film
- Bill Maher and Sarah Silverman call Gary Johnson 'a f---ing idiot'