Given Sigourney Weaver’s most famous movie line — Aliens’ ”Get away from her, you bitch!” — it’s odd, even off-putting, to watch her take on the mannerisms of a large, WASPy bunny rabbit to play A.R. Gurney’s Mrs. Marjorie Farnsworth, a desperate Connecticut housewife attempting to write a memoir about how she may or may not have been impregnated by George W. Bush during her college years at Vassar. Weaver eventually settles into her role, but the play — fleetingly fun — never really does. The humor in Mrs. Farnsworth tends toward the heavy-handed (Hey, Bush is dumb! Ha!), and carries an obvious expiration date: Election Day 2004.
Mrs. Farnsworth Given Sigourney Weaver's most famous movie line — Aliens' ''Get away from her, you bitch!'' — it's odd, even off-putting, to watch...Mrs. FarnsworthA.R. Gurney Given Sigourney Weaver's most famous movie line — Aliens' ''Get away from her, you bitch!'' — it's odd, even off-putting, to watch...2004-10-29
Starring: Sigourney Weaver; Author: A.R. Gurney; Opening Date: 09/29/2004
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- The first trailer for Season 11 of 'The Bachelorette' is here
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- Django Django unveil trippy, magenta-hued video for 'Beginning to Fade'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' spinoff to star Adrianne Palicki, Nick Blood
- AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd pleads guilty
- 'Pan' release pushed to October from July
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!