Given Sigourney Weaver’s most famous movie line — Aliens’ ”Get away from her, you bitch!” — it’s odd, even off-putting, to watch her take on the mannerisms of a large, WASPy bunny rabbit to play A.R. Gurney’s Mrs. Marjorie Farnsworth, a desperate Connecticut housewife attempting to write a memoir about how she may or may not have been impregnated by George W. Bush during her college years at Vassar. Weaver eventually settles into her role, but the play — fleetingly fun — never really does. The humor in Mrs. Farnsworth tends toward the heavy-handed (Hey, Bush is dumb! Ha!), and carries an obvious expiration date: Election Day 2004.
Mrs. Farnsworth Given Sigourney Weaver's most famous movie line — Aliens' ''Get away from her, you bitch!'' — it's odd, even off-putting, to watch...Mrs. FarnsworthA.R. Gurney Given Sigourney Weaver's most famous movie line — Aliens' ''Get away from her, you bitch!'' — it's odd, even off-putting, to watch...2004-10-29
Starring: Sigourney Weaver; Author: A.R. Gurney; Opening Date: 09/29/2004
Posted October 29 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Blacklist': Check out Liz's new look in exclusive first trailer
- 'Limitless' stages 'Dexter' reunion
- Rob Lowe's comedy casts Christina Applegate as former flame
- How 'Grey's Anatomy' is bringing sexy back for season 12
- Max Joseph shares 10 great songs from 'We Are Your Friends' you can't find on the soundtrack
- Matt Damon talks about Snowden's influence on 'The Bourne Legacy'
- Michael Shannon channels Donald Trump in exclusive '99 Homes' clip
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!