Given Sigourney Weaver’s most famous movie line — Aliens’ ”Get away from her, you bitch!” — it’s odd, even off-putting, to watch her take on the mannerisms of a large, WASPy bunny rabbit to play A.R. Gurney’s Mrs. Marjorie Farnsworth, a desperate Connecticut housewife attempting to write a memoir about how she may or may not have been impregnated by George W. Bush during her college years at Vassar. Weaver eventually settles into her role, but the play — fleetingly fun — never really does. The humor in Mrs. Farnsworth tends toward the heavy-handed (Hey, Bush is dumb! Ha!), and carries an obvious expiration date: Election Day 2004.
Mrs. Farnsworth Given Sigourney Weaver's most famous movie line — Aliens' ''Get away from her, you bitch!'' — it's odd, even off-putting, to watch...Mrs. FarnsworthA.R. Gurney Given Sigourney Weaver's most famous movie line — Aliens' ''Get away from her, you bitch!'' — it's odd, even off-putting, to watch...2004-10-29
Starring: Sigourney Weaver; Author: A.R. Gurney; Opening Date: 09/29/2004
Posted October 29 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages
- Jesse Eisenberg says Lex Luthor in 'Batman v Superman' is a modern take
- Funko shares sneak peek at 'Suicide Squad' figures at Toy Fair 2016