Proving he can roll with the ladies-who-lunch set, chart-topper Nelly drops accessory knowledge on a young ”shorty” in his recent single ”Flap Your Wings.” He gives a shout-out to Judith Leiber, the now-retired 84-year-old handbag designer. While Leiber’s signature crystal-encrusted purses have long been a red-carpet staple for A-listers like Renée Zellweger, Nicole Kidman, and Sarah Jessica Parker, the Nelly name-check gave the posh bags street cred. In return, the company has custom-made Nelly a monogrammed alligator case for his beloved Sidekick PDA; according to CEO Maggy Siegel, it’s ”the first product that we’ve ever made for a guy.” Holla!
Posted October 29 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Lip Sync Battle' bringing back celebrity champs for first live special
- Explicit photos of Leslie Jones leaked after website hack
- Ryan Lochte in talks to join 'Dancing with the Stars'
- 'Dirk Gently' teaser promises corpses, cops, and a killer
- New York Film Festival: Carrie Fisher film joins documentary lineup
- 'The Royals' gets season 3 premiere date, shirtless Prince Liam pics
- Starz renews 'Survivor's Remorse' for season 4
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...