Proving he can roll with the ladies-who-lunch set, chart-topper Nelly drops accessory knowledge on a young ”shorty” in his recent single ”Flap Your Wings.” He gives a shout-out to Judith Leiber, the now-retired 84-year-old handbag designer. While Leiber’s signature crystal-encrusted purses have long been a red-carpet staple for A-listers like Renée Zellweger, Nicole Kidman, and Sarah Jessica Parker, the Nelly name-check gave the posh bags street cred. In return, the company has custom-made Nelly a monogrammed alligator case for his beloved Sidekick PDA; according to CEO Maggy Siegel, it’s ”the first product that we’ve ever made for a guy.” Holla!
Posted October 29 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- WATCH: Charlie Hunnam on what to expect from 'King Arthur'
- 'Justice League' trailer surprises fans at Comic-Con
- Warner Bros. confirms Affleck for 'Batman,' debuts 'Wonder Woman' trailer
- 'Outcast' stars tease relationships going into season finale
- 'Suicide Squad' comic writers talk their new 'underdogs' story
- 'Wonder Woman' trailer debuts at Comic-Con