Proving he can roll with the ladies-who-lunch set, chart-topper Nelly drops accessory knowledge on a young ”shorty” in his recent single ”Flap Your Wings.” He gives a shout-out to Judith Leiber, the now-retired 84-year-old handbag designer. While Leiber’s signature crystal-encrusted purses have long been a red-carpet staple for A-listers like Renée Zellweger, Nicole Kidman, and Sarah Jessica Parker, the Nelly name-check gave the posh bags street cred. In return, the company has custom-made Nelly a monogrammed alligator case for his beloved Sidekick PDA; according to CEO Maggy Siegel, it’s ”the first product that we’ve ever made for a guy.” Holla!
Posted October 29 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The X-Files': Mulder and Scully meet their doppelgängers in this exclusive clip
- Andrew Dice Clay talks 'Vinyl': 'Record company guys were out of their f---ing minds!'
- 'Dawson's Creek' revival not likely, says Katie Holmes
- 'The Force Awakens' characters to appear in new LEGO 'Star Wars' series
- See Aziz Ansari in a goofy retro sitcom parody of 'Master of None'
- The Week in J.K. Rowling: Still not a prequel, and more
- 'The Flash' trailer teases Zoom's identity