Proving he can roll with the ladies-who-lunch set, chart-topper Nelly drops accessory knowledge on a young ”shorty” in his recent single ”Flap Your Wings.” He gives a shout-out to Judith Leiber, the now-retired 84-year-old handbag designer. While Leiber’s signature crystal-encrusted purses have long been a red-carpet staple for A-listers like Renée Zellweger, Nicole Kidman, and Sarah Jessica Parker, the Nelly name-check gave the posh bags street cred. In return, the company has custom-made Nelly a monogrammed alligator case for his beloved Sidekick PDA; according to CEO Maggy Siegel, it’s ”the first product that we’ve ever made for a guy.” Holla!
Posted October 29 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lance Bass celebrates *NSYNC's 21st birthday with '90s fashion throwback pic
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' reveals first plot details
- Anna Kendrick grieves over 'Great British Baking Show' host departures
- Grumpy Cat makes Broadway debut with the cast of 'Cats'
- 'The Tonight Show': James Marsden sings Kenny Rogers to 'get the girl'
- Clive Owen, Dakota Fanning go fast and furious for BMW short film
- Bill Maher and Sarah Silverman call Gary Johnson 'a f---ing idiot'