Proving he can roll with the ladies-who-lunch set, chart-topper Nelly drops accessory knowledge on a young ”shorty” in his recent single ”Flap Your Wings.” He gives a shout-out to Judith Leiber, the now-retired 84-year-old handbag designer. While Leiber’s signature crystal-encrusted purses have long been a red-carpet staple for A-listers like Renée Zellweger, Nicole Kidman, and Sarah Jessica Parker, the Nelly name-check gave the posh bags street cred. In return, the company has custom-made Nelly a monogrammed alligator case for his beloved Sidekick PDA; according to CEO Maggy Siegel, it’s ”the first product that we’ve ever made for a guy.” Holla!
Posted October 29 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!