…Or does Fox Sports’ baseball coverage suck? It’s not surprising that the network famous for animation-heavy news crowds out the between-pitch activity with on-screen graphics and cutaways to sign- and hankie-waving fans, but what’s remarkable is Fox has created a character even more annoying than Tim ”Master of the Obvious” McCarver: Scooter is the devil child of the Pets.com Sock Puppet and Microsoft’s talking paper clip. Hey, Fox and Major League Baseball: Want a younger audience? Try scheduling games likely to end before bedtime.
Posted October 29 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Jason Isaacs to play villain in Gore Verbinski's horror flick 'A Cure for Wellness'
- 'Stitchers' react: Ambitious premise loses its thread
- Jay Rock shares introspective 'Money Trees Deuce'
- 'Entourage' becomes next victim of 'Honest Trailers' treatment
- 'Paper Towns' trailer sets up the mystery of Margo
- Twisted Sister documentary acquired by Music Box Films
- Gillian Anderson-led 'Streetcar Named Desire' coming to New York