If Pierce Brosnan has his way, the next man to play James Bond will be an actor who already has the hard-living, ladies-man aspect of the character down cold. That would be fellow Irishman Colin Farrell, whom Brosnan touted at an entertainment awards ceremony in Dublin on Saturday, the Associated Press reports. Brosnan, who told EW a couple months ago that he was finished playing Agent 007 after four hit films, said there were several actors who could fill his shoes, though he didn’t name them. ”But I’ll give it to Colin Farrell. He’ll eat the head off them all,” the 51-year-old actor said. It’s not clear whether the 28-year-old Alexander star would even want the job, as he’s become one of the busiest leading men in Hollywood. But Brosnan reiterated that he’s done with the role, even if Quentin Tarantino were to make good on his talk of remaking Casino Royale, the Bond adventure that was filmed as a spoof in 1967. ”We have discussed things, Quentin and I, but I don’t know if it’s going to be that particular project,” Brosnan said.
(Colin Farrell: Vera Anderson/WireImage.com)
Posted November 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath' introduces a gay hero to the galaxy
- 'Castle' books 'The O.C.' star in season 8
- 'Big Brother' host Julie Chen calls eviction 'ridiculous and dumb'; says Steve 'chickened out'
- Caitlyn Jenner explains how her views on marriage equality have evolved
- Ed Burns was super nervous his first day working with Tom Hanks on 'Saving Private Ryan'
- Blue Ivy dedicates Disney favorite to mom Beyoncé on her birthday
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Murder,' 'Scandal' & more
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!