If Pierce Brosnan has his way, the next man to play James Bond will be an actor who already has the hard-living, ladies-man aspect of the character down cold. That would be fellow Irishman Colin Farrell, whom Brosnan touted at an entertainment awards ceremony in Dublin on Saturday, the Associated Press reports. Brosnan, who told EW a couple months ago that he was finished playing Agent 007 after four hit films, said there were several actors who could fill his shoes, though he didn’t name them. ”But I’ll give it to Colin Farrell. He’ll eat the head off them all,” the 51-year-old actor said. It’s not clear whether the 28-year-old Alexander star would even want the job, as he’s become one of the busiest leading men in Hollywood. But Brosnan reiterated that he’s done with the role, even if Quentin Tarantino were to make good on his talk of remaking Casino Royale, the Bond adventure that was filmed as a spoof in 1967. ”We have discussed things, Quentin and I, but I don’t know if it’s going to be that particular project,” Brosnan said.
(Colin Farrell: Vera Anderson/WireImage.com)
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!