So many people saw Saw last weekend that distributor Lions Gate has already greenlit a sequel, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The low-budget ($10 million) indie horror film enjoyed an $18.3 million opening. No wonder producers Twisted Films are rushing into production on a follow-up. Leigh Whannell (who cowrote the film and played Adam, Cary Elwes’ hapless cellmate) and James Wan (who cowrote and directed the movie) will be back but only as producers. The scary sequel will shoot in February, with an eye toward a release next Halloween. You should be over the first movie’s gruesome shocks by then.
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'The Americans' bosses on Paige, her future, and the endgame after (spoiler!)
- Casting Net: Anna Kendrick joins Zac Efron in 'Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates'
- Will Ferrell, Kristen Wiig in Lifetime movie (no, really!)
- Kendrick Lamar goes back to Compton for 'King Kunta' video: Watch
- Katie Couric pulls off 'an amazing prank' on James Corden for April Fools' Day: Watch
- From People: Courteney Cox steals Erin Foster's socks in 'Barely Famous' clip
- 'Grey's Anatomy' finale: A kidnapping! A massive earthquake! A crossover!