So many people saw Saw last weekend that distributor Lions Gate has already greenlit a sequel, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The low-budget ($10 million) indie horror film enjoyed an $18.3 million opening. No wonder producers Twisted Films are rushing into production on a follow-up. Leigh Whannell (who cowrote the film and played Adam, Cary Elwes’ hapless cellmate) and James Wan (who cowrote and directed the movie) will be back but only as producers. The scary sequel will shoot in February, with an eye toward a release next Halloween. You should be over the first movie’s gruesome shocks by then.
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!