Tuesday’s election may not answer the question of when our troops might leave Iraq, but Steven Bochco is apparently expecting them to stick around for a while. The veteran TV producer (NYPD Blue, Hill Street Blues) is planning a drama series about the Iraq war to air on FX, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Shooting won’t begin until January on Over There, an ensemble drama that will focus both on troops in a unit currently fighting and on their families back home. The series will likely be controversial, FX entertainment president John Landgraf told the Reporter, even though the show will make a point of not coming down on either the pro-war or anti-war side. ”There’s likely to be some controversy because the war is such a partisan football from both sides,” he said.
Posted November 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Tonight Show': Margot Robbie plays Jinx Challenge with Jimmy Fallon
- Vin Diesel reaches 100 million likes on Facebook
- Radiohead deliver dark lullabies and classic songs at Lollapalooza
- Matt Damon talks possible next Bourne film: 'It's definitely open'
- Fred Armisen to guest on 'Son of Zorn'
- Watch Kelly Clarkson adorably forget the lyrics to her songs
- Katy Perry reveals which line of her DNC speech Orlando Bloom wrote