Tuesday’s election may not answer the question of when our troops might leave Iraq, but Steven Bochco is apparently expecting them to stick around for a while. The veteran TV producer (NYPD Blue, Hill Street Blues) is planning a drama series about the Iraq war to air on FX, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Shooting won’t begin until January on Over There, an ensemble drama that will focus both on troops in a unit currently fighting and on their families back home. The series will likely be controversial, FX entertainment president John Landgraf told the Reporter, even though the show will make a point of not coming down on either the pro-war or anti-war side. ”There’s likely to be some controversy because the war is such a partisan football from both sides,” he said.
Posted November 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Goo Goo Dolls announce 'A Boy Named Goo' 20th anniversary release
- Britney Spears cameos at Kate Hudson's game night
- Selma Blair on her 'American Crime Story' role: ‘I happen to love Kris Jenner’
- Hasbro says four more 'Transformers' sequels are on the way
- Emilia Clarke and Jason Momoa had a 'Game of Thrones' reunion
- Lenny Kravitz & James Franco rock out in the new 'Guitar Hero Live' commercial
- Lady Gaga's 'AHS: Hotel' role made her feel 'so alive'