Tuesday’s election may not answer the question of when our troops might leave Iraq, but Steven Bochco is apparently expecting them to stick around for a while. The veteran TV producer (NYPD Blue, Hill Street Blues) is planning a drama series about the Iraq war to air on FX, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Shooting won’t begin until January on Over There, an ensemble drama that will focus both on troops in a unit currently fighting and on their families back home. The series will likely be controversial, FX entertainment president John Landgraf told the Reporter, even though the show will make a point of not coming down on either the pro-war or anti-war side. ”There’s likely to be some controversy because the war is such a partisan football from both sides,” he said.
Posted November 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bruce Springsteen stops ‘Jersey Girl’ performance for a marriage proposal
- Rihanna teases VMAs performance with abstract art video
- Here's how they make those movie sex scenes so sexy
- Robert Gant talks romancing Debbie Gibson in 'Summer of Dreams'
- 'Southside With You' reviews: What critics are saying
- 'Rogue One' trailer gets 'Friends' treatment in mash-up video
- Drake sent Rihanna a message... on a billboard