Tuesday’s election may not answer the question of when our troops might leave Iraq, but Steven Bochco is apparently expecting them to stick around for a while. The veteran TV producer (NYPD Blue, Hill Street Blues) is planning a drama series about the Iraq war to air on FX, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Shooting won’t begin until January on Over There, an ensemble drama that will focus both on troops in a unit currently fighting and on their families back home. The series will likely be controversial, FX entertainment president John Landgraf told the Reporter, even though the show will make a point of not coming down on either the pro-war or anti-war side. ”There’s likely to be some controversy because the war is such a partisan football from both sides,” he said.
Posted November 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Read the heartwarming story behind one of the new droids in 'Star Wars'
- Bono on U2's return to Paris: 'Nothing will stop us from going back'
- Mark and Jay Duplass essay collection coming in 2017
- A look at the best 'Star Wars'-'Hamilton' #Force4Ham mash-ups
- Nickelodeon to air special series finale of 'Nick News With Linda Ellerbee'
- See Julianne Moore cry on cue for cash on 'Billy on the Street'
- Adele shares details about '25' outtakes