When Craig Kilborn bolted from The Late Late Show in August, CBS said it hoped to pick a replacement host by the end of October. That target has come and gone, but maybe that’s why they have two ”Lates” in the title. Nonetheless, according to the Hollywood Reporter, CBS brass and producers Worldwide Pants have narrowed the field of 20 guest hosts who’ve filled in so far down to four finalists. The Reporter cites sources close to the show as saying that the four have received callbacks for multi-night stints hosting the post-Letterman talk show throughout November. They are sitcom vets D.L. Hughley (of The Original Kings of Comedy and ABC’s The Hughleys), Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show), and Ed and Viva Variety alum Michael Ian Black, as well as MTV TRL VJ Damien Fahey. No word on whether their upcoming appearances will be their final tryouts, or if there’ll be another host-off between the final two.
(D.L. Hughley: Miranda Shen/AP)
Posted November 3 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles