When Craig Kilborn bolted from The Late Late Show in August, CBS said it hoped to pick a replacement host by the end of October. That target has come and gone, but maybe that’s why they have two ”Lates” in the title. Nonetheless, according to the Hollywood Reporter, CBS brass and producers Worldwide Pants have narrowed the field of 20 guest hosts who’ve filled in so far down to four finalists. The Reporter cites sources close to the show as saying that the four have received callbacks for multi-night stints hosting the post-Letterman talk show throughout November. They are sitcom vets D.L. Hughley (of The Original Kings of Comedy and ABC’s The Hughleys), Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show), and Ed and Viva Variety alum Michael Ian Black, as well as MTV TRL VJ Damien Fahey. No word on whether their upcoming appearances will be their final tryouts, or if there’ll be another host-off between the final two.
(D.L. Hughley: Miranda Shen/AP)
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Daytime Emmys 2015 winners are...
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington on Jon's brutal decision
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'We aren't perfect, but we are determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'