When Craig Kilborn bolted from The Late Late Show in August, CBS said it hoped to pick a replacement host by the end of October. That target has come and gone, but maybe that’s why they have two ”Lates” in the title. Nonetheless, according to the Hollywood Reporter, CBS brass and producers Worldwide Pants have narrowed the field of 20 guest hosts who’ve filled in so far down to four finalists. The Reporter cites sources close to the show as saying that the four have received callbacks for multi-night stints hosting the post-Letterman talk show throughout November. They are sitcom vets D.L. Hughley (of The Original Kings of Comedy and ABC’s The Hughleys), Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show), and Ed and Viva Variety alum Michael Ian Black, as well as MTV TRL VJ Damien Fahey. No word on whether their upcoming appearances will be their final tryouts, or if there’ll be another host-off between the final two.
(D.L. Hughley: Miranda Shen/AP)
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Listen to EW's Sirius XM spotlight on the women of comedy, featuring Kristen Schaal
- De La Soul to fund new album via Kickstarter
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' spinoff finds its Hawkgirl: Broadway star Ciara Renee
- Wilco protests Indiana law, nixes concert
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!