When Craig Kilborn bolted from The Late Late Show in August, CBS said it hoped to pick a replacement host by the end of October. That target has come and gone, but maybe that’s why they have two ”Lates” in the title. Nonetheless, according to the Hollywood Reporter, CBS brass and producers Worldwide Pants have narrowed the field of 20 guest hosts who’ve filled in so far down to four finalists. The Reporter cites sources close to the show as saying that the four have received callbacks for multi-night stints hosting the post-Letterman talk show throughout November. They are sitcom vets D.L. Hughley (of The Original Kings of Comedy and ABC’s The Hughleys), Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show), and Ed and Viva Variety alum Michael Ian Black, as well as MTV TRL VJ Damien Fahey. No word on whether their upcoming appearances will be their final tryouts, or if there’ll be another host-off between the final two.
(D.L. Hughley: Miranda Shen/AP)
Posted November 3 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Anthony Geary may return to 'General Hospital' if 'story is interesting'
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!