Stop us if you’ve heard this one before: Two blond, wealthy, young heiress sisters find themselves embroiled in scandal and struggle to reclaim their dignity. According to Screen Daily, that’s the premise of Material Girls, a movie comedy that Hilary and Haylie Duff plan to shoot in January. (Fittingly, Material Girls is being produced by Madonna’s Maverick Films.) Haylie (Napoleon Dynamite) appeared occasionally on her younger sister’s Disney Channel series Lizzie McGuire, but the upcoming satire will mark their first big-screen pairing. Hilary, 17, praises the comedy skills of her 19-year-old sister in an interview in Teen Vogue. ”Haylie is really funny,” she says.”Her comedic timing is crazy.” As for whether their movie is supposed to be a lampoon of Paris and Nicky Hilton, Hilary says, ”You didn’t hear that from me.” But there’s no love lost between ”So Yesterday” singer Hilary and budding recording artist Paris, who competed last summer with Haylie to be the first to release the song ”Screwed.” Hilton won when, in typical Paris fashion, the track leaked on to the Internet. Big-screen revenge — that’s hot.
Posted November 5 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Longmire' is back: See the season 4 trailer
- Chris Christie on Donald Trump: 'Life is a strange ride'
- Proof Kanye West & Donald Trump have a lot in common
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!