Stop us if you’ve heard this one before: Two blond, wealthy, young heiress sisters find themselves embroiled in scandal and struggle to reclaim their dignity. According to Screen Daily, that’s the premise of Material Girls, a movie comedy that Hilary and Haylie Duff plan to shoot in January. (Fittingly, Material Girls is being produced by Madonna’s Maverick Films.) Haylie (Napoleon Dynamite) appeared occasionally on her younger sister’s Disney Channel series Lizzie McGuire, but the upcoming satire will mark their first big-screen pairing. Hilary, 17, praises the comedy skills of her 19-year-old sister in an interview in Teen Vogue. ”Haylie is really funny,” she says.”Her comedic timing is crazy.” As for whether their movie is supposed to be a lampoon of Paris and Nicky Hilton, Hilary says, ”You didn’t hear that from me.” But there’s no love lost between ”So Yesterday” singer Hilary and budding recording artist Paris, who competed last summer with Haylie to be the first to release the song ”Screwed.” Hilton won when, in typical Paris fashion, the track leaked on to the Internet. Big-screen revenge — that’s hot.
Posted November 5 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Watch Steve Angello's surreal new 'Tiger' video
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Colin Firth and Jude Law craft a classic in 'Genius'
- Ranking the magical elements from 'The Vampire Diaries' and 'The Originals'
- Alison Brie accidentally peed on her vintage 'Mad Men' clothes
- Kanye West: 'I did not diss Taylor Swift'
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Turn' star JJ Feild is winning the battle for American hearts and minds
- 'The X-Files': Lauren Ambrose introduces her 'ball-breaker' of an FBI agent