Stop us if you’ve heard this one before: Two blond, wealthy, young heiress sisters find themselves embroiled in scandal and struggle to reclaim their dignity. According to Screen Daily, that’s the premise of Material Girls, a movie comedy that Hilary and Haylie Duff plan to shoot in January. (Fittingly, Material Girls is being produced by Madonna’s Maverick Films.) Haylie (Napoleon Dynamite) appeared occasionally on her younger sister’s Disney Channel series Lizzie McGuire, but the upcoming satire will mark their first big-screen pairing. Hilary, 17, praises the comedy skills of her 19-year-old sister in an interview in Teen Vogue. ”Haylie is really funny,” she says.”Her comedic timing is crazy.” As for whether their movie is supposed to be a lampoon of Paris and Nicky Hilton, Hilary says, ”You didn’t hear that from me.” But there’s no love lost between ”So Yesterday” singer Hilary and budding recording artist Paris, who competed last summer with Haylie to be the first to release the song ”Screwed.” Hilton won when, in typical Paris fashion, the track leaked on to the Internet. Big-screen revenge — that’s hot.
Posted November 5 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Westworld' finale: Anthony Hopkins on Dr. Ford's fate
- 'Legion': Premiere date, new trailer revealed
- When are the Grammy nominations?
- Bell Biv DeVoe cover New Edition's 'Happy Holidays'
- Jennifer Aniston used to belly dance at Christmas
- Bernardo Bertolucci responds to 'Last Tango in Paris' controversy
- 'Rogue One' stars react to weirdness of having their own toys
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday