Stop us if you’ve heard this one before: Two blond, wealthy, young heiress sisters find themselves embroiled in scandal and struggle to reclaim their dignity. According to Screen Daily, that’s the premise of Material Girls, a movie comedy that Hilary and Haylie Duff plan to shoot in January. (Fittingly, Material Girls is being produced by Madonna’s Maverick Films.) Haylie (Napoleon Dynamite) appeared occasionally on her younger sister’s Disney Channel series Lizzie McGuire, but the upcoming satire will mark their first big-screen pairing. Hilary, 17, praises the comedy skills of her 19-year-old sister in an interview in Teen Vogue. ”Haylie is really funny,” she says.”Her comedic timing is crazy.” As for whether their movie is supposed to be a lampoon of Paris and Nicky Hilton, Hilary says, ”You didn’t hear that from me.” But there’s no love lost between ”So Yesterday” singer Hilary and budding recording artist Paris, who competed last summer with Haylie to be the first to release the song ”Screwed.” Hilton won when, in typical Paris fashion, the track leaked on to the Internet. Big-screen revenge — that’s hot.
Posted November 5 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Archer' creator says the FX comedy will end after season 10
- Aaron Paul Met Eddie Vedder and Gave It a Perfect 'Ten'
- WATCH: 'Who's the Boss?' star Alyssa Milano on 'mortifying' bra episode
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt agree to counseling and visitation plan
- Gordon Ramsay launching live cooking competition show on Fox
- Zac Efron bringing Wall Street story 'Straight to Hell' to big screen
- Julia Roberts, Lin-Manuel Miranda lead Hillary Clinton benefit show