Stop us if you’ve heard this one before: Two blond, wealthy, young heiress sisters find themselves embroiled in scandal and struggle to reclaim their dignity. According to Screen Daily, that’s the premise of Material Girls, a movie comedy that Hilary and Haylie Duff plan to shoot in January. (Fittingly, Material Girls is being produced by Madonna’s Maverick Films.) Haylie (Napoleon Dynamite) appeared occasionally on her younger sister’s Disney Channel series Lizzie McGuire, but the upcoming satire will mark their first big-screen pairing. Hilary, 17, praises the comedy skills of her 19-year-old sister in an interview in Teen Vogue. ”Haylie is really funny,” she says.”Her comedic timing is crazy.” As for whether their movie is supposed to be a lampoon of Paris and Nicky Hilton, Hilary says, ”You didn’t hear that from me.” But there’s no love lost between ”So Yesterday” singer Hilary and budding recording artist Paris, who competed last summer with Haylie to be the first to release the song ”Screwed.” Hilton won when, in typical Paris fashion, the track leaked on to the Internet. Big-screen revenge — that’s hot.
Posted November 5 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Look, but don't retouch? Female celeb photo debate
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition, a.k.a. 'the craziest 24 hours of my life'
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie; 'Fifty Shades of Grey' drops to No. 4
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- Kanye's new album: 'So Help Me God'
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set