While Norah and Lucinda sprinkle some duet stardust here on It Always Will Be, this is basically Nelson’s first full-on, first-rate solo record in ages. Befitting the title, it has a lovely circular arc, starting off elegiac, working up road-house pep in the middle stretch, and then resettling into pure Zen-acoustic Willie. Standout: ”Tired,” a working-man’s-ennui ballad cowritten by Toby Keith that’s so moving the Chicks oughta cover it.
It Always Will BeWhile Norah and Lucinda sprinkle some duet stardust here on It Always Will Be, this is basically Nelson's first full-on, first-rate solo...It Always Will BeWhile Norah and Lucinda sprinkle some duet stardust here on It Always Will Be, this is basically Nelson's first full-on, first-rate solo...2004-11-05
(Willie Nelson: Mark Morrison/Retna)
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!