While Norah and Lucinda sprinkle some duet stardust here on It Always Will Be, this is basically Nelson’s first full-on, first-rate solo record in ages. Befitting the title, it has a lovely circular arc, starting off elegiac, working up road-house pep in the middle stretch, and then resettling into pure Zen-acoustic Willie. Standout: ”Tired,” a working-man’s-ennui ballad cowritten by Toby Keith that’s so moving the Chicks oughta cover it.
It Always Will BeWhile Norah and Lucinda sprinkle some duet stardust here on It Always Will Be, this is basically Nelson's first full-on, first-rate solo...It Always Will BeWhile Norah and Lucinda sprinkle some duet stardust here on It Always Will Be, this is basically Nelson's first full-on, first-rate solo...2004-11-05
(Willie Nelson: Mark Morrison/Retna)
Posted November 5 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!