While Norah and Lucinda sprinkle some duet stardust here on It Always Will Be, this is basically Nelson’s first full-on, first-rate solo record in ages. Befitting the title, it has a lovely circular arc, starting off elegiac, working up road-house pep in the middle stretch, and then resettling into pure Zen-acoustic Willie. Standout: ”Tired,” a working-man’s-ennui ballad cowritten by Toby Keith that’s so moving the Chicks oughta cover it.
It Always Will BeWhile Norah and Lucinda sprinkle some duet stardust here on It Always Will Be, this is basically Nelson's first full-on, first-rate solo...It Always Will BeWhile Norah and Lucinda sprinkle some duet stardust here on It Always Will Be, this is basically Nelson's first full-on, first-rate solo...2004-11-05
(Willie Nelson: Mark Morrison/Retna)
Posted November 5 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!