Alexander Payne’s wise and warm film about the pleasures of wine, the melancholy of midlife diminished expectations, and the balm of male friendship is on a very short list for best American movie of the year.
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Paul Giamatti, Thomas Haden Church, Virginia Madsen, Sandra Oh; Director: Alexander Payne; Author: Alexander Payne, Jim Taylor; Release Date Limited: 10/22/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 124; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted November 5 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kristin Chenoweth sings 'Wicked' song with high schooler at the White House
- John Boyega hasn't seen 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' yet
- Hannah Davis wears epic 'Hunger Games' fashion in final edition of Capitol Couture
- This year in Christmas TV movies: What's new and used (a lot)
- Frank Gifford suffered from a football-related brain injury, family says
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Will Meredith find romance with Riggs?
- See the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Phase 2 Blu-ray box set artwork
- Taraji P. Henson's Biggest Moments in 2015
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year