…Or has Law & Order lost a bit of its zing? The NBC procedural still has the ripped-from-the-headlines plots, but we’re missing those pithy crime-scene one-liners from Det. Lennie Briscoe (Jerry Orbach), who retired last season. His replacement, Det. Joe Fontana (Dennis Farina), isn’t quite a master of the wisecrack. ”Jerry was Mr. Zingers, Dennis is Chicago wry,” says Eric Overmyer, L&O’s exec producer. ”Both funny, both different.” Okay, but hands off the chung-chungs.
Posted November 5 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!