…Or has Law & Order lost a bit of its zing? The NBC procedural still has the ripped-from-the-headlines plots, but we’re missing those pithy crime-scene one-liners from Det. Lennie Briscoe (Jerry Orbach), who retired last season. His replacement, Det. Joe Fontana (Dennis Farina), isn’t quite a master of the wisecrack. ”Jerry was Mr. Zingers, Dennis is Chicago wry,” says Eric Overmyer, L&O’s exec producer. ”Both funny, both different.” Okay, but hands off the chung-chungs.
Posted November 5 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bruce Springsteen stops ‘Jersey Girl’ performance for a marriage proposal
- Rihanna teases VMAs performance with abstract art video
- Here's how they make those movie sex scenes so sexy
- Robert Gant talks romancing Debbie Gibson in 'Summer of Dreams'
- 'Southside With You' reviews: What critics are saying
- 'Rogue One' trailer gets 'Friends' treatment in mash-up video
- Drake sent Rihanna a message... on a billboard